PDA

View Full Version : Beached

arlene
04-05-2000, 05:34 PM
I have a new piece on my web site, for those who'd like to look.
It's made from mi-tientes paper, handmade paper, sand, beads, acrylic paint, colored pencil, and wool
http://www.artdebut.com/arlene15.htm

[This message has been edited by arlene (edited April 06, 2000).]

cagathoc
04-05-2000, 05:52 PM
What fun, Arlene! I love the way the dog is jumping out of the picture after the frisbee. Your work makes me feel happy and optimistic. I like the way you included people from different races.

------------------
Cindy Agathocleous

"What if imagination and art are not, as many of us might think, the frosting on life, but the fountainhead of human experience?" - Rollo May from The Courage to Create

arlene
04-06-2000, 09:53 AM
thank you, Sandi and Cindy. I'm glad my work makes you feel happy. I feel then I did my job.

sandyartist
04-06-2000, 10:25 AM
Arlene..love this! Perhaps someday you will tell us the secrets of bas relief paper..I have just bought a bunch of polymer clay..sort of a relief (hobby?) from the studio painting and am interested in sculpture using craft materials. I do not have space to create in real clay, so will play with the polymer stuff. Do you sell your paper work? I would be interested in carrying it in my gallery..think you have a real feel for this! I just got back from the outer banks of NC..hey! I saw these people! Love the dog givin' dynamics to the composition!

arlene
04-06-2000, 08:58 PM
Thanks Sandy,
The dog was lots of fun to do. I took dolls wool and glued it onto the paper, and then cut out the shapes and then shaped the "hair" on the dog. At first I had done him in a light tan, but after I did the man throwing the frisbee, I realized I need the dog to be dark to balance out the man.

Mae
04-08-2000, 01:52 PM
arlene..loved your art! You have captured the feeling and expressions of the various characters (and the all too familiar poses of the beach scene!).I enjoy 3-dimensional work such as yours and have just recently used paper mache to model and create with..It's fun to escape from a flat page and get playful with art!! heather...a.k.a. Mae

bobsart
04-10-2000, 02:17 PM
Nice work Arlene! It's a shame this two dimensional cyber media doesn't do your hard work the justice it deserves....bob

arlene
04-10-2000, 04:28 PM
to all:
thanks!
it's always wonderful when our work is validated by others. i had lots of fun doing this piece.
arlene

------------------
www.artdebut.com (http://www.artdebut.com)

paintfool
04-10-2000, 06:28 PM
Arlene, Happy is the word! http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif Are there no limits to your imagination?!! Cheryl

arlene
04-10-2000, 06:56 PM
Cheryl,
I just wish I had the time to create all the pieces that are in my head. Both the beach scene and the diner were rolling around in the grey matter for almost 2 years.
Right now, I have three ideas that I'd like to have time to do.
A window shopping scene [which will be my darkest piece], a mother/daughter scene, and the ladies morning walking club.