PDA

View Full Version : portrait

frank
04-07-2000, 05:02 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/User/erin10.gif

Sandyartist, low fire clay is kiln fired at about 1800 deg F, high fire is around 2300 deg. F. This one has no patina, just a sealer on the fired clay.
Frank

cagathoc
04-08-2000, 10:12 AM
This is lovely. The clay looks almost flesh colored... is that correct? Your work has warmth and humanity. Do you have a web site?

------------------
Cindy Agathocleous

"What if imagination and art are not, as many of us might think, the frosting on life, but the fountainhead of human experience?" - Rollo May from The Courage to Create

sandyartist
04-08-2000, 02:11 PM
Frank..nice piece! Makes me want to work in clay again! Actually, have been messing with it recently..it is a whole different ballgame from 2D...however i do not have a kiln and am looking for a clay that is oven fired..polymer is all I have found. Thanks for posting this..it is truly well-done and I think it was a good decision to leave the patina off..elegant!

oleCC
04-08-2000, 02:28 PM
Really beautiful Frank... and I agree with leaving off patina too, this looks so natural. How about that web site...do you have one?

frank
04-08-2000, 05:31 PM
The color of this image is slightly darker than the sculpture. It is more of a cream color. I have a web site in the artistnation/art-agent site. Just search for sculpture in either place, my last name is Moran. Thanks for the encouraging comments.
Frank

MichaelRH
04-09-2000, 12:10 AM
Frank, "hi", and welcome to Wetcanvas. It IS nice to see 3-dimensional work being posted here, and you have a beautiful portrait.
I thought, because I could draw fairly well, I would be able to do 3-dimensional work rather easily. Well...guess what..I learned other-wise!! Quite different working from all sides. Very nice work Frank, thanks for showing this piece to all of us!! MichaelRH

jazzm
04-10-2000, 02:18 PM
Frank..This piece is really beautiful...sculpture is something I would love to try...Jazzm