PDA

View Full Version : 3d gorilla

frank
04-06-2000, 10:10 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/User/gorilla.jpg
Just wanted some input on this clay gorilla I'm almost finished with.
Frank

I had an internal server error on my first try so if this comes up twice on the board, that is why.

oleCC
04-06-2000, 10:22 PM
wow...I am not a sculptor, but always wanted to try it. This is so real looking, just great! I understand there are different types of clay etc. for sculpting...what do you use?

[This message has been edited by oleCC (edited April 06, 2000).]

cagathoc
04-06-2000, 10:35 PM
wonderfully expressive! Do you do figures too? I want to see more!

------------------
Cindy Agathocleous

"What if imagination and art are not, as many of us might think, the frosting on life, but the fountainhead of human experience?" - Rollo May from The Courage to Create

figgby
04-06-2000, 11:14 PM
nice job. I like it .\ I think the shoulders and chest may look too human. could be wrong but somehow it doesn't look quite right to me in those areas. Good job though.

J.Dillon
04-06-2000, 11:31 PM
Frank,

It looks good to me but it took me a minute to realize that it is his right shoulder under his turned head. Maybe that's what through Figgby off. Is he rising out of the swamp ? Can you show it from a different angle ?

JD

frank
04-07-2000, 01:58 AM
Thank you all for your comments, the clay is a waterbase low fire clay and I also do figures and portraits.
Figby, my son told me the same thing about looking too human around the shoulders. I guess I'll beef him up in that area.
He's not coming out of a swamp, unless you want him to be, I just wanted to stop at that level. It's sitting on black plastic which gives that swamp look.
Frank

sandyartist
04-07-2000, 09:34 AM
Frank..great job..nice to see some 3D work posted here! The figure is very expressive and I like the head turned..as if he just heard a jungle noise and is at attention. I would love to work more in clay and would like to know more about your materials..by low-fire...do you still have to have a kiln..or is this one you can put in the kitchen oven? Perhaps you can post one of your portrait pieces..great for all of us to see!