PDA

View Full Version : Macro Floral Series #5 ~ Foxglove由EACTIVATED

mustcreate
11-21-2002, 12:56 PM
Happy Thursday:)

I am off for my painting with the buds this morning but thought I'd pop in here and post the latest in my series. I worked ALL day yesterday on it and finished up late last night. Very happy with this one :)

title: Macro Floral Series #5 ~ Foxglove

size: 8"x8"

Arches 300lb cold pressed paper (funny story, my daughter asked me why my paintings were so heavy lately.....I told her I really liked the 300 lb paper....she thinks I'm addicted:D I AM!! LOL)

all Winsor Newton paints : French Ultramarine Blue, Permanent Alizarin Crimson, Winsor Lemon, Antwerp Blue, Quinacridone Red, Winsor Green.

thanks for peeking and as always, comments and critiques welcomed :)

em
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Nov-2002/foxglove8x8wc.jpg

ArcticRose
11-21-2002, 12:59 PM
Looks wonderful Em...how many are you doing in this series?:)

pampe
11-21-2002, 01:00 PM
*running to see the new one*

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!

Yes

wow

this really sings

color, composition

wow

I love it

it's really stunning

did I say wow?

mustcreate
11-21-2002, 01:02 PM

how many? yikes!! I am showing no signs of boredom yet.....I'm going to keep going til I'm bored with it. :) should be no problem I have hundreds and hundreds of reference photos!! lol

initially I wanted to do 9 so they could be framed and hung in a 3x3x3 square......but if 6 is the last one then so be it :)

em

Pam you snuck in there while I was typing!!

thanks my friend :):) I am really happy with this one:)

madmum
11-21-2002, 01:09 PM
Sorry, it has to be a Pam ;)

WOW!!!!

The best yet!

I LOVE it!!!!!

Stunning is not praise enough.

Sublime :D

RUth

Olga
11-21-2002, 01:22 PM
Em
It is the nicest one yet. Wonderful red, great background that makes the red glow, and those fantastic markings... and the sense of depth you got here. Fantastic! Oh, and the composition too!

Olga

BTW--my daughter also can't get over my painting addiction... or as she so nicely puts it with an undertone of utter amazement at the follies of grownups, "You're painting flowers, again? Not bored yet?"

RuthT
11-21-2002, 01:30 PM
Beautiful foxgloves, with great shading.

tigre255
11-21-2002, 02:06 PM
Very beautiful.......WOW.....

I like it.....enough said....:clap: :clap: :clap:

Starsprite
11-21-2002, 02:21 PM
WOW!! This is my fav so far Em! Love the colors of these flowers...I am gonna get some of that Quin Red! :clap:

Becky-Bob
11-21-2002, 02:29 PM
Beautiful!! :clap:

mustcreate
11-21-2002, 03:03 PM
omg I am shaking!! I just opened up my acceptance letter......I am going to have a solo show at the Muttart Conservatory (http://www.gov.edmonton.ab.ca/comm_services/city_op_attractions/muttart/) !!!!! I am thrilled:):):)

wooooohooooooo!!!!!

ok...I am composed now.

thanks Ruth, Olga, RuthT, Barb, Patty, and Becky!!

thanks for commenting and thanks for also letting me know what you liked about it.

em

pampe
11-21-2002, 03:07 PM
(((((EMILY)))))))

ok now, you can really finish this series...it would be so cool 3 x 3 on their walls near the gift shop!!

ArcticRose
11-21-2002, 03:07 PM
Congratulations Em...you deserve it!!!:D :clap: :clap:

mustcreate
11-21-2002, 03:12 PM
thanks ((((Pam))))

thanks Anita :)

I've had one show in my home (sold 13 paintings) and one solo show at an art shop that didn't get much traffic and wasn't advertised so nothing sold. This is a BIG deal for me and I am really excited about my work being seen by the public. :):)

em

RuthT
11-21-2002, 03:35 PM
Way to go Em! Congratulations :clap:

mustcreate
11-21-2002, 03:45 PM
Thanks Ruth:)

I'm going to go paint now so I don't get a swelled head:eek:

madmum
11-21-2002, 04:03 PM
Em I am SOOOOOOOOO excited for you!!!!!

Congratulations, you surely deserve it, and I just KNOW you'll sell loads and loads!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ruth

Nancy Lee
11-21-2002, 04:20 PM
WOW......:clap: :clap: :clap:

This is sooooo exciting. You'll have to fill us in on all the details... did you submit work.... send in a portfolio, how did you get this wonderful happening? How many piece's will you need? what are the dates?

Info...... please...... we're so excited for you.

Starsprite
11-21-2002, 04:33 PM
HOW EXCITING EM!!! (Gives Em a high five) :)

You certainly have worked for it and deserve it! Yes, keep us up to date on all the details. :) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

mustcreate
11-21-2002, 05:02 PM
smiling here.....you people make me smile :):):)

thanks Ruth!! you know, my objective isn't just to sell. I really want my work to be shown. I sell a fair amount of paintings and have for years. I just sell to friends and family and acquaintances and it would be nice to have a little more exposure. I have a stack of paintings built up and it feels wrong that they are not being enjoyed. I want my paintings to be hung on walls of people who will enjoy them. That's why I end up giving away a lot of my paintings to family and friends.

Nancy Lee!! wow! thanks for your enthusiasm. For years I've wondered about how one got their work onto the walls there and this year my good friend called me up and told me that they were looking for submissions. They asked for 8 slides of my recent work and I asked the members here to help me choose which paintings I should submit. It was great fun reading which paintings everyone preferred. I've been waiting almost two months to hear back from the Muttart and today I got the congrats letter. I'll have a solo show with 20-30 paintings the whole month of June 2003. There won't be much preparation except framing since I have pretty much all the paintings needed. Hopefully my framer will give me a break on such a bulk order!!

Patty! high 5 back girl:)

It's a long way off yet, but it's something to help me to help me through our long long winters:)

I can't seem to settle down to paint! lol

em

Sandy1
11-21-2002, 05:09 PM
Congratulations!!!! congratulations!!!! congratulations!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you. I love the newest picture. I must have missed #4 so I will go back and check. I am doing magnolias right now on 300 lb and I love the paper too. I know how you feel about the flowers, I can't seem to stop painting them either. All those reference photos just screaming to be painted. I have enough for a lifetime now.

Good luck on your showing Em. Wish you all the best.

Yorky
11-21-2002, 05:19 PM
This is Outstanding!

Congratulations on your success withthe gallery - it's well deserved.

Doug

mustcreate
11-21-2002, 05:37 PM
Thanks Sandy :)

Thank you Doug :)

Olga
11-21-2002, 06:13 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, EMILY !!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I am very happy for you.
And what a perfect place to display your flowers and trees!!!!

You must celebrate this!
(and, of course, closer to July, we will all be curious to see what painitngs you are going to show)

Olga

mustcreate
11-21-2002, 07:15 PM
Thanks Olga :)

em

dspinks
11-21-2002, 08:58 PM
Congratulations, Em! What excitement! But ya gotta keep painting - can't wait to see how you decide to lay out the 3x3 montage of the micros.
Debra

Southern Style
11-21-2002, 09:13 PM
Congratulations Em!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Little Old Lady
11-21-2002, 09:32 PM
Wonderful Fox Gloves. The white looks like lace.
Congratulations on your show. It is wonderful for You!!
JoAnn

madmum
11-22-2002, 03:59 AM
Em I can relate to wanting your work to be seen! I would be happy with that too :)

Now, how did you get your tinyhead to do that? It's brilliant!

Ruth

painterbear
11-22-2002, 07:00 AM
Hi Em,

Love the foxgloves. This one really sings--color, composition, little white spots, background, everything. :music: :music:

I remember voting on which paintings to send in for consideration by the selection committee. Congratulations on being selected for the show. We all look forward to vicariously enjoying your exhibition. Know what you mean about wanting to share your paintings with others. Plan to give my kids a couple of mine that worked out ok and that I think they would like for their birthdays.

Look forward to seeing more macro-flowers as you work through this series.

Sylvia

tigre255
11-22-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by madmum
Now, how did you get your tinyhead to do that? It's brilliant!

Ruth

Yes, how did you do that.......interested mines want to know.....
;)

mustcreate
11-22-2002, 10:41 AM
Thanks to all for the congrats:) I'm still on cloud 9 :) Hopefully today I will be able to settle down and actually paint. lol

my new tinyhead? I used the animation feature on my photo software (Microsoft PictureIt). It only takes a minute. I resized all the pics down to about 55 pixels and then loaded them up in the animation. If anyone wants me to, I can make one for them. Just send me the images (about 4 or 5) and I'll make it up for you :)

em

painterbear
03-02-2008, 10:04 AM
This is another "Oldies but Goodies" thread, first posted in 2002.

Sylvia

CharM
03-02-2008, 12:02 PM
It's been a really long time since Em's been logged into WC! I wish she knew that her work has resurfaced... It's so beautiful.

HarvestMoon
03-02-2008, 01:35 PM
beautiful!!

olliewood0702
03-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Yes, Em's work is wonderful, wish she could know how much everyone enjoy's viewing her work.:thumbsup:

HOllyLL
03-02-2008, 07:42 PM
I love this type of flower, and you captured it's deep cones so well!!