PDA

View Full Version : Island Sailors

Psychobelle
04-01-2000, 08:19 PM
Hi, I'm new, would like any critique or comments on this watercolor. Thanks.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=259042&a=1928336&p=18790116&Sequence=0

J.Dillon
04-02-2000, 12:19 AM
Welcome, Psychobelle I'm new too and feel some what qualfied to critique your art. Overall it's good I like the action. There is plenty of motion with the sails and the sailors. I do think the horizion is a little off or rather curved. It would look better dead straight. Lets see more of your work

cagathoc
04-02-2000, 09:55 AM
delightful...

I should say more... that wasn't very useful was it?

I love the flow of the picture; the motion created by the sails and ropes.

I like the way you abstracted the forms; they are friendly and interesting.

The color scheme is very pleasant.

Welcome!

------------------
Cindy Agathocleous

"What if imagination and art are not, as many of us might think, the frosting on life, but the fountainhead of human experience?" - Rollo May from The Courage to Create

[This message has been edited by cagathoc (edited April 02, 2000).]

henrik
04-02-2000, 04:58 PM
I like the perspecitve and composition... especially composition... It think it is very good.

I get the feeling that the scene is in very strong sunlight and feel that increased contrast perhaps would convey this better and really make it sing. (i.e. darker darks to make the highligts stand out). It could also be that the photo makes the entire piece a bit grayish...

[This message has been edited by henrik (edited April 02, 2000).]

grannyb
04-02-2000, 09:48 PM
I can really feel the wind in this painting ,the hump on the horizon needs to be straitened though,and perhaps some darks to increase the lights? ...overall I love it ...the wind in my hair thee smell of the sea....sue....who lives many miles from the sea and misses it!