PDA

View Full Version : Depression Head

kaety
11-20-2002, 08:07 PM
Just wondered how this image is as far as Abstract art goes...
it is so far my only painting I have ever attempted whilst being pursued by "the black dog" (depression)

This is my attempt at expressing how the depression felt in my head... the scan is disjointed due to the canvas being too large for the scanner and needing to be joined.. however I actually believe this ads to the character of the piece and enhances its feeling.

I like it more disjointed... than I do the full sized canvas on my wall... its about .....

25inches across by 24 inches wide?
roughly
and its all Mattise Acrylics....
on very cheap pre-streched canvases I buy from the local "$2 shop" for around AU$15 ...

it now sits in my lounge amongst what I consider my happier works... reminding me not to let myself slip back down the hole...

here is a larger copy if you want detail .....

depression head (http://www.buzzit.com.au/gallery/depressed.jpg)

TeAnne
11-20-2002, 09:19 PM
I'de really like to see this broken up into sections really. Nice colours.

Veronica
11-20-2002, 09:20 PM
Kaety,
What a powerful piece. Speaks volumes of your experience and I believe it will be a catharsis for healing.
Much kinder to yourself to put these emotions on canvas. Exceedingly moving. veronica

dragoni689
11-21-2002, 01:29 AM
I strongly support and believe in art as emotional comentary- all art, but particularly abstract art. Expression, to me, is an important part of modern art in particular- because that is what makes a Monet different from a pisarro, and a Pollock different from a Rauschenberg- or a "Gar" different from a "Herschede". Keep on putting it into your art- continue by all means. it's a great outlet with which to channel- it's helped me for years. Thanks, i enjoyed seeing this. It's interesting, and i agree on the broken/segmented look- maybe that adds to it.

kaety
11-24-2002, 08:13 PM
Thanks dragoni689,

I am greatful for all feedback.

If i was familar with true canvas and streching techniques I might be inclined to cut this piece into segments!!

Something I am yet to learn.. how canvas itself works.. not just buying them and putting paint on it...

Can that be done? Cut up a canvas after painting and then restretching?? (sorry for my ignorance)