PDA

View Full Version : WIA Thursday, October 7, 2010

Andee
10-07-2010, 03:04 PM
What, no Barrie-Birthday-thread yet? That just doesn't do!! ;)

So:

Happy Birthday, Barrie (and Freya)!! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Feb-2007/29310-flower.gif

And hi, everybody! :wave:

claire.c
10-07-2010, 04:17 PM
:clap: :heart: Happy Birthday Barrie and Freya :heart: :clap:

I'll be back to post soon.

claire.c
10-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi all
I have to report that I officially have a killer Dood, Leon caught and killed a squirrel in the park. He always chases them, like every other dog around, but today he actually intercepted and caught one, I was amazed that he killed it. He must have been very excited by the whole thing. Luckily he didn't insist on carrying it home or anything gross like that.

Pam, reading about Frank's condition makes me think of what I've been through, lots of pain and nobody able to see anything wrong. I've read a lot about it, especially trying to understand why my body is so unwilling to heal itself. It seems that the best thing for healing is oxygen, and stiffness and swelling prevent the flow of oxygen to the muscles and joints. When you are injured you can't take exercise, which is another way of getting oxygen to all areas. So you are left with massage, heat, diet and breathing exercises. And things like acupuncture which stimulate healing directly.
I can just picture that pumpkin loaf, I hate it when things go wrong like that after all the effort to make them. I'm sure the menfolk will wolf it down all the same.

Barrie, hope you are having a fantastic day. What did everyone get as presents? I hope the jay survives, that's the problem with cats, their hunting instinct is so strong (says she with killer dood lying on sofa).

Andee, another week nearly over, I'm still optimistic that it will get better for you. At what age are you allowed to retire in Germany? Here they keep moving the goalposts, women used to be able to retire at 60, now they've moved it to 65 - I am not pleased.

gbot
10-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Happy Birthday Barry and Freya!!!!! Hope you both had a wonderful day!