PDA

View Full Version : What is the sketchbook challenge?

Pebpebba
10-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Hello everyone,
I have been looking at all the great sketchbook art you have all been doing.
And i am inspired to do some of my own. I was just wondering what exactly is the Sketchbook challenge and what are the rules. And am i too late to participate since at the time of this post it is Oct. 7th. And my "puter" has just gotten out of the shop.And i just found this challenge. k thanks everyone .:wave:

denyalle
10-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Hi Pebpebba!:wave: The sketchbook challenge is a challenge to fill a sketchbook in the month of October. There aren't really any rules to it, you can choose any sketchbook of any amount of pages either new, hardly used or made/bound by hand, etc. You are more than welcome to join in at any point during the challenge. :)

eyepaint
10-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Hello!

Denyalle described it perfectly. Here's the original "how about it?" idea thread (http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692451).

Pebpebba
10-07-2010, 04:23 PM
When doing sketchbook challenges, is it ok to use only the front of a page or do you have to do front and back. Cuz mostly when i draw in a sketchbook i only use the front not the back of the same page, but wouldn't that be only using half the book? is that allowed? ok, thanks for your help everyone. And if you must use both sides of the pages ,this will be a REAL challenge for me! lol . But i'm anxious to try it it. I use only one side of a page to keep getting indentations and bleedthru of markers ect. on the other side of the page. k thanks all :wave:

denyalle
10-07-2010, 05:20 PM
You can fill your sketchbook any way you want to, some people are doing both sides, others just the one side. All based on personal preference. Your sketchbook doesn't have to be just sketches, drawings or paintings, you can do pages of notes etc. Just fill out the sketchbook how you would normally fill one out :) The main goal of the challenge is to sketch more often and improve skills, so whatever means it takes you to do that as well. Hope to see your thread soon!

robertsloan2
10-07-2010, 07:01 PM
It's okay to use just one side of the pages. I started it and I'm just using one side of my pages. It's up to you what sketchbook, how big, how many pages it has, what you put in it or theme it on - and late starts are fine. When you start your thread I'll put it into the Index, especially if you message me to let me know where it is since I've been sick for a few days now.

I started the challenge because I wanted to try to fill a sketchbook in a month and wanted a little support, hoped a few others wanted to try too. The results have been enormous! So now there's an Index thread for everyone doing it and I've got 11 out of 50 pages done so far. I should have more though.

RainySea
10-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I am only drawing on the front of each page too and then I make little notes and journal stuff on the facing page of that drawing/painting to remind me of what I used and why I drew it, etc. :) That is working for me.

Robert, 11 pages down when you are sick is awesome. I've only done 8 . . . 48 more to go!

Hope you decide to jump in Pebpebba.