PDA

View Full Version : woman outdoor

akmal
03-21-2000, 03:32 AM
hello

here is a work in pen for an oil on canvas which i intend doing on 24 * 12 inch panel.
problem is that i cannot foresee a suitable background.
possible situations can be
a. rooftop
b. beside a tree.
c. mountains fogging.
d. a garden with no evident object.
e. etcetra etcetra

i would be thankfull for color suggestions as well.

ak

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/User/akair.jpg

dzspag
03-21-2000, 08:37 AM
Looks like a pretty good start at composition. I guess I would favor the garden scene perhaps with some of the flower like shapes blowing in the same direction as the scarf. You may have a good chance here to get some movement into this painting that way. I noticed a few things on the drawing you may want to check before you start. Check the shape of the curve of the back...under the arm it is getting a little bumpy..you may have to smooth it out..also the chest line looks a little high for the figure. Good luck...love to see the finished in critique.

MichaelRH
03-22-2000, 06:52 AM
Hello akmal:

I think I would favor your "mountains fogging". I live in an area surrounded by mountains..and when I see this girl..I can visualize a gentle breeze..and a bit of mist/fog..perhaps she is standing on an over-look and the breeze would come from below..causing her drapery to float back as it appears. I like your drawing and the handling of her face and features.

cagathoc
03-22-2000, 07:18 AM
This drawing has a nice mystical feel to it. I thing the fogging mountains in the background would enhance that. Nice work!

------------------
Cindy Agathocleous

"What if imagination and art are not, as many of us might think, the frosting on life, but the fountainhead of human experience?" - Rollo May from The Courage to Create

akmal
03-24-2000, 12:14 AM
thanku all
yes, i myself would prefer mountains chiefly because of being easy as garden might not stand good to the airy effect and also demands a very difficult composition of colors and balance.

what about this

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/User/akcom.jpg

henrik
03-24-2000, 03:17 AM
Looks good - one thing to watch out for is that the mountin does not mimic the outline of the womans face - you end up with MtRockwell that way http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by henrik (edited March 24, 2000).]

cagathoc
03-24-2000, 08:29 AM
Awesome! It looks great! Very exciting and dramatic.

------------------
Cindy Agathocleous

"What if imagination and art are not, as many of us might think, the frosting on life, but the fountainhead of human experience?" - Rollo May from The Courage to Create

akmal
03-24-2000, 10:38 PM
thanks everybody
now i would try with the actual thing and would try to put it on this critique as well.

i would bother u with a ques again

i donot have an idea that i having a scanner with a limited window( in size ), how can i put in a real canvas on show.

ak

MichaelRH
03-25-2000, 06:52 AM
Hello akmal:

I think the placement of your figure in relation to the mountains and foreground looks good. I agree with Cindy...composition looks very dramatic.
Now, many of us here have found a digital camera to be very useful...although most are rather expensive. Not sure if you are able to afford this expense now..but you may want to consider buying a digital camera in the future. Then, you can shoot work of almost any size..and download the images directly into your computer.
The next option would be to shoot your larger pieces with a regular camera..quality is usually very good, but you must then wait to process your film.

(I like the simplicity of you line drawings..simple, elegant..will be interesting to see your further progress akmal.