PDA

View Full Version : first color sketch

Adelphia
03-20-2000, 06:13 PM
Hi This is the first sketch I have done in something besides graphite as well as not using a picture to copy from. I like how it has developed an "airy" effect so far but not sure how to "finish it off"
{{{{{ Help }}}}} is welcome. Adel
PS.Michael, regarding your post in "drawing"...I am interested in a larger drawing / sketch forum as well. Were you suggesting a seperate critique area for drawing or..?????
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/User/sundancer.jpg

[This message has been edited by Adelphia (edited March 20, 2000).]

Adelphia
03-20-2000, 06:28 PM
Not sure why I can't post the drawing it is 4K and the file name is sundance.jpg. I'll try again.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/User/sundance.jpg

Adelphia
03-20-2000, 06:31 PM
)(*^%$#@*&^%$! BLAST ^&(^%$$#@#@!%
What a way to get more stars!!!!
If noone else can load it either let me know and I'll delete the topic..Adel

[/B][/QUOTE]

Drew Davis
03-20-2000, 07:00 PM
I don't see any name that looks like "sundance" in the Critiques/User directory at all. Perhaps you should try uploading it again.

(One way to check on your file is to tell your browser to go to http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/User/ . That should get you a directory listing of everything everyone's uploaded. And quite an impressive collection we're starting to get, too.)

[This message has been edited by Drew Davis (edited March 20, 2000).]

Adelphia
03-20-2000, 08:06 PM
Hi Drew, thanks for the tip DUH!!! I forgot to upload it first. and now that i have...ICK... the scanned image is horrid! I like the red X in the white box better!!! Will see if i can get a better scan. In the mean time if you all can see enough to submit finishing critique,,I'm all ears. Thanks Adelphia

[This message has been edited by Drew Davis (edited March 20, 2000).][/B][/QUOTE]

bruin70
03-20-2000, 11:55 PM
ady,,,what was your intention with the piece?.....milt

Adelphia
03-21-2000, 12:43 AM
Milt... My intention was to see if i could draw a face without copying a picture and I just kinda went into a feeling of being on the beach in Laguna in the late afternoon. Just playing actually. It was an excersize for me to put the features together without a photo just to see if i could do it. Wish I could tell you more,But it just ain't there..Adel

[This message has been edited by Adelphia (edited March 21, 2000).]

Adelphia
03-21-2000, 12:58 AM
PS. I like the nickname! I think I'll use it! Ady

[This message has been edited by Adelphia (edited March 21, 2000).]

MichaelRH
03-21-2000, 01:14 AM
Hi Adelphia!

Yes..I was thinking of a separate section for drawing posts. I believe that Scott and everyone at Wetcanvas..has done a superb job already, and I don't want to cause Wetcanvas MORE work.
I realize that there have been many drawing posts in the Critique area, along with many other mediums.
I suppose that would eventually mean separate areas for each medium..as we all feel the things we like the most perhaps deserve individual attention or notice. Hummm, it was just a thought, but (and drawing is NOT a requirement for producing notable paintings)...drawing and sketching have many merits of their own..in terms of fine art. (Glad to hear you also like the idea).
I just thought, that in many cases..if one can draw well, and understand structure and values in black in white (or even with pastel)..it might make some of the painting mediums simpler. (??)

[This message has been edited by MichaelRH (edited March 21, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by MichaelRH (edited March 21, 2000).]

cagathoc
03-21-2000, 07:24 AM
I like this a lot. It reminds me of the illustrations in the book "The Snowman"; do you know it. very nice...

------------------
Cindy Agathocleous

"What if imagination and art are not, as many of us might think, the frosting on life, but the fountainhead of human experience?" - Rollo May from The Courage to Create

bruin70
03-21-2000, 09:48 AM
if you like,,,i can rename your siblings, kids, or anyone close to you. this is why i am the all knowing patron saint of arts. i like the ethereal feel of the girl, sprite, icon of femininity.....snow maiden...she has a twinkle...milt

Adelphia
03-22-2000, 12:27 AM
Thank you Cindy.
Haven't heard of the book you refferd to. It would be interesting to find it and check it out. In the grand scheme of things it makes me wonder how we are really connected to each other and why some have so many similarities yet have never crossed paths....Or have we??? Guess that's for another forum aye? http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif Ady

Adelphia
03-22-2000, 12:38 AM
Milt,,,,,,,You are soooo humble! Guess thats another reason you are a saint,,, http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/wink.gif Ady

P.S. My daughters name is Courtney and I have 2 sons one named Kristofer and the other Alexander...2 dogs... Freckles and Duke and 3 cats ...Bumper, Missy and Micky and plan to add a bird sanctuary and a reptile garden...and.....lol

bruin70
03-22-2000, 12:47 AM
henceforth,,,you shall name your daughter "duke", your sons "courtney" and "bumper". we'll save "missy" for your husband....i'm very tired from all this,,,,i shall rest....milt

cagathoc
03-22-2000, 12:48 AM
try your local library here's the cover but the illustrations inside are WONDERFUL

by Raymond Briggs

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/User/0394839730_01_MZZZZZZZ.gif

------------------
Cindy Agathocleous

"What if imagination and art are not, as many of us might think, the frosting on life, but the fountainhead of human experience?" - Rollo May from The Courage to Create

[This message has been edited by cagathoc (edited March 21, 2000).]

Drew Davis
03-22-2000, 03:23 PM
If Milt goes much beyond "patron saint", he'll have to start showing up in kemshmi's work.

Adelphia
03-23-2000, 12:55 AM
Thanks Cindy,
Next time into town I'll look at it in the library. Went to your website and couldn't get into your guestbook to write but was able to read and look. It's fun to see a familiar painting and then have that "Oh yeah!" realization of person to work. I remember seeing the watercolor of the young girl and the emotion it stirred in me and then I saw the drawing of you at the top of your website...the little girl is you isn't she? I really like your work. Ady

Adelphia
03-23-2000, 12:58 AM
Milt,,,, you can't rest now! you're only 7 posts away from a new you! Ady