PDA

View Full Version : Last One...I promise...Tea Picker.....!!

RyderArt
03-07-2000, 02:48 AM
I am sorry if I am being a pest...but this one is another...don't know what to do with the background!! I promise not to post another for at least a couple of days!!!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/User/tealady.jpg

This is a 16 x 12" oil..done with brush and painting knife. (2nd oil painting....got to start somewhere!!)
The original background was the hillside....but the picker got lost in it...so I whited it out (which should reallllly show up well in the digi pciture!!!!) SO have fun...and pick it to pieces...no pun intended lol!!!

Stephanie

[This message has been edited by RyderArt (edited March 07, 2000).]

cagathoc
03-07-2000, 07:43 AM
Stephanie,

I really like this painting.

What about a village in the distance? It seems like that would add some depth to it.

Also, maybe some detail in the foreground to distinguish the figure (middle ground?) from the foreground a little bit more?

I like the big shapes and the nice brush work.

p.s. keep those posts coming!!! you can never look at too much good art! http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Cindy Agathocleous

"What if imagination and art are not, as many of us might think, the frosting on life, but the fountainhead of human experience?" - Rollo May from The Courage to Create

Patti
03-07-2000, 02:10 PM
I am trying to visualize a background for you...think I would go with more landscape but nothing too sharp or in detail. What you have is really great. I love the texture in the basket and the freshness of the greenery.
Painting knife huh? I have never tried it but I think I might like it. Keep it up.
Pat

arlene
03-08-2000, 12:22 AM
green-grey mountains, clouds and a blue sky.

RyderArt
03-08-2000, 03:18 AM
Thanks!!
The original backround was the hillside with the rows of tea plants...but just to busy...I am thinking a long the lines of distant hills....etc. really blurry
This is such a help...reading what others might do....helps to inspire me.
I look forward to reading more...

Stephanie

figgby
03-10-2000, 01:05 AM
I kind of like the light sky but i do agree it would be better if it had a deeper perspective. Also the straight line across the bottom of the picture needs to be broken somewhere. a tree anything to break the perfect 180 degree line. I like it ry. I find your work interesting.

akmal
03-10-2000, 11:55 PM
hello
what if instead of whitening the original mountain at the back, u'd have fogged it and with a hint of deepened blue sky at a side.
anyway!!! i like it

RyderArt
03-12-2000, 08:16 AM
Thanks to everyone for the help!
Boy, do I have my work cut out....3 paintings to rework a bit here and there. And several new one's started...Yikes I will be painting for weeks!!
You have certainly given me some options to look at and consider...still not sure which way I will go.
Thanks again.

Stephanie