PDA

View Full Version : "one thing i'm totally against"

dragoni689
11-18-2002, 01:28 PM
Collage, india ink, and acrylic, 12"X9", on sketchbook paper.
"one thing i'm totally against".

ThinkSeeDraw
11-18-2002, 10:25 PM
against smoking, more power to ya. I say people smoke because their life alone isn't satisfying enough. It's gross anyways. i've never done it and i've watched my friends deteriorate for years. It's not wise.

kelly
11-19-2002, 12:00 AM
I like this....

dragoni689
11-19-2002, 12:33 AM
Darcy;
2 chainsmoking Parents with extreme addictions- my mother is going due to lung cancer and/or emphysema right now. She wont use the oxygen tube they've given her and refuses medical help, plus wont stop smoking. Addictions are tough. i guess that the sketchbook im keeping is a way to kinda keep an artsy diary; im using it thereputically, and it's helpful.
I'm very anti smoking- something that i've heard is not normal for a child like me. according to a few friends, most kids with parents who smoke are also smokers down the line. strange.. but im not. i would see the tobacco industry, even for all it's jobs and the support it provides the government, completely banned and removed from the earth forever. part of me wishes tobacco didnt exist.

What good does it really do?

Thx Kelly, nice to hear someone does. You ever try collage? i think you'd like it. all it takes is a pair of scissors, stack of "17", "spin", or "National Geographic Magazine" 's, and a discerning eye, plus some acrylic varnish- and voila, collage. I look at your work and think you might have the knack for it, what with your seemingly natural sense of composition. Im not one to normally assert things to others, but i hope you'd try it out, if you already havent...

thanks for responding u 2... appreciate it.

And thanks for looking all who have.

El_Elegante
11-19-2002, 01:41 AM
tabacco is a nasty little substance. I'm a few weeks into quiting for the second time in my life. I started a few months ago after over 2 years without smoking. Bad stuff it is. at least heroin gives you a buzz.

debi-d
11-19-2002, 10:07 AM
good luck to you. Ive been 3yrs dec 12 this year without one. I think the only way to stay quit is to never even take a drag. One puff we get all cocky and think no problem I can have just one, ok I canbuy a pack Im in contol here.
Our son started smoking last year, he is 18 and not much I can say except I wish he wouldnt. but with his parents who can blame him:)

Dragoni I would be angry too and very disappointed that even though its effected her health she still wont stop, it really demonstraits how powerful an addiction it is. My father told me that he read it was easier to quit heroin than what it was to quit and stay quit off cigaretts.
Being an ex smoker I can say that smokers are selfish people who will put there needs ahead of their familys some even sacrificing them in the process.
I know of people with asmatic children who have been threatened with the removal of their children if they dont quit smoking in the house. One cigarette stays in the air in the house for 14 days. Even though it takes their childrens breath away, they refuse to quit.
one of the most trajic inventions for mankind ..... the lowly butt.
When I went whale watching this summer the enviromentalist on the boat said the worst pollution for the ocean is cigarrete butts, they take 25 yrs to break down, fish and birds eat them and die.

so if you smoke dispose of your butts by I guess the best way is to eat them