PDA

View Full Version : WIA Monday, October 4, 2010

Dawnt0721
10-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone :wave: !

Just starting us off. I'm heading out to walk the dogs and then I'm firing up the torch. What are you up to?

claire.c
10-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Dawn. hope you have a good walk and the torch gods are smiling.

I've been sorting through pics from our last holiday, I'll try to post some later in the week. Then I will work on my lines, it is scary thinking how soon the show opens. Hope everyone has been having a good day - thinking of you and Frank today Pam.

TheBlueBetween
10-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Barrie, WOW what night! Your family will be telling that story for years. SO glad that turned out ok.

Dawn, did you see my dog walking link on facebook? Check that out - maybe with those harnesses you can walk both dogs at the same time!

Hi Claire, you'll do great with your lines, I'm sure, but it does sound like these shows are coming together too soon.

Frank drove himself to PT, still waiting to see if he makes it home on his own. Then off to see that surgeon. Ug. Can't wait until this is all behind us.

:wave:

Barrie
10-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Pam, hope the surgeon has good things to say (fingers crossed it's over soon for sure!).

Claire, shows of all kinds seem to creep up really fast, don't they? lol Waiting to see a few pics when you get a minute! :)

Dawn, hope you enjoyed your walk with the dogs! :) My two lazy mutts are snoring as I type. lol Have fun on the torch!

:wave: to all!! Nothing exciting here today! YAY!! And it turned out that the friend actually turned himself into the psych ward at the local hospital, after calling the kids and apologizing for the drama. He was in tears and very apologetic (not that it makes it right, but the kids were comforted knowing he was going to get help). He'll still get charged by the police, but will probably be sent for psychological treatment rather than jail time. Who knows. But it's all over and done with - whew!! :)

Hope you all have a great day, I'm off to have a little lunch, then some paperwork. Cheers!

claire.c
10-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey Barrie, when did you become immortalised? I must have missed the big event!

ValleyCreekStudio
10-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi folks. Debbie and I had a great time at BeadFest Texas. There were so many lampwork artists there and I so enjoyed meeting and talking to folks I only see in magazines. We went to a Meet The Instructors event on Friday evening and had a wonderful time talking to everyone. We visited with Kim St. Jean whose class we will take in Santa Fe on Fold Forming. What a great lady. We also met Sherri Haab and she invited us to visit her class on electroforming to see what that was all about. Naturally we wanted to purchase her set up but decided to wait until we can take a class. I see either Virginia or New Orleans in our future! There were so many wonderful and sharing people there and I hope this turns into an annual event.

Barrie, what an evening you had. Hope the young man can resolve his issues without getting himself a "record" that would harm his future. Glad it all ended well.

Claire, looking forward to your pictures. Congrats on the anniversary. I know you will do well in the new show. Maybe it's time to rest a bit????? You really seem to go non-stop.

Andee, I bet your new job will level out. Work is just a pain in the behind but can't be avoided. Not enough rich men to go around. LOL

Pam, I saw that Frank is not doing so well after his surgery. Do you think that's just a part of the healing process??? I hope so. Can't believe the goofy receptionist didn't schedule you correctly. Hard to get good help these days I guess. I got a tiny bit of color from Kalypso in a couple of lentils. I put them into earrings for myself since I can't produce enough to list for sale. I don't think I'm ready to give up just yet.

Dawn, hope you had a great and creative day. We are having a few cooler days this week. I actually had to put on a long sleeve shirt this morning. It feels wonderful. I think we are supposed to be in the mid 70's to low 80's for a while.

I seem to have caught a little cold or maybe it's change of season allergies. Just know I don't need it since I need to get ready to go out of town again later this week. My high school is having it's 50th birthday so they are having a big celebration that my friend and I are going to attend. All graduating classes are invited so we hope to see some friends from long ago. We know that one girlfriend has come in from Atlanta.

Barrie
10-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Claire, hmmmm, I seem to have missed that event myself! lol hooray for me!?!?

Gwen, I'm so glad you had a good time at Bead Fest!! That's fabulous!! I bought the electroforming kit when I took Janelle Zorko's class, but haven't used it (some 3 years later! LOL). Hope your school's birthday is a fun one - I avoid my high school reunion things like the plague!! I hated high school!!

Another quiet day today - yay!! Might even spend some time in the studio tonight - we shall see! :)