PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

RyderArt
03-02-2000, 01:47 AM
How do I get my photo downloaded into my message so I can have a critique???
Understand that I am a "TECHNOPUTZ"!!!!
Thanks.
Stephanie

Figured it out...see next post!!!! S.

[This message has been edited by RyderArt (edited March 02, 2000).]

RyderArt
03-02-2000, 02:09 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/User/threewomenbd.jpg

Size: 9"x12"...on very textured/gray paper.

Don't know if this will work...but the "Techonputz" is going for it!!

This is Borobudur #6(copyright 1999)....a rendition of a stone relief from the Ancient Borobudur Buddhist Temple on Central Java, Indonesia. It is done in pastels...with a gouache splatter to add more texture.
What do you think????

Stephanie

[This message has been edited by RyderArt (edited March 02, 2000).]

paintfool
03-02-2000, 02:31 AM
Stephanie. I'm stunned by this peice!! it's wonderful. If texture is what you were going for you've certainly achieved that! It's the first thing that jumped out at me. Unfortunatley, i don't consider my self much of a critic (unless it's my own work of course) Fascinating subject, wonderful colors and truly captivating sense of texture make this something for you to be very proud of. I'll be very interested to read the input of the others on this site and i should think there will be plenty! keep up the great work!!

------------------
paintfool

msue
03-02-2000, 05:05 PM
Stunning. The feeling of mass and volume are terrific. Like that tip on the gouache splatter.

cagathoc
03-02-2000, 05:19 PM
stephanie -

How beautiful! I love the mood of the piece; the colors are just perfect for the subject. And the drawing of the figures is wonderful. I can't believe this was pastel. I would have guessed water color. This would make a wonderful print.

------------------
Cindy Agathocleous

"What if imagination and art are not, as many of us might think, the frosting on life, but the fountainhead of human experience?" - Rollo May from The Courage to Create

irene clark
03-02-2000, 07:04 PM
Hi there Stephanie,
WOW!! Truly Unique!! and in Pastels!
What a fabulous idea in the splatter effect.
I'll give that a go.
I love this piece, your spirit has certainly touched mine.
Sincerely
Irene Clark with a heart for art.

RyderArt
03-03-2000, 05:35 AM
Thanks so much for the feeback.....I love doing these...but have never had another "Artist's" opinion and that means soooo much. I am glad that you enjoy it.

Stephanie

henrik
03-03-2000, 07:46 AM
Wonderful! I like this one a lot. Do you have more in the same style?

RyderArt
03-03-2000, 09:22 AM
Henrik,
I have 7 of Borobudur...getting ready to start the 8th....and have 2 from Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
We are going to Angkor Wat in 2 weeks...so I can take tons of reference photos!! I can hardly wait.
These are my favorite things to do....I just really get into them.
Glad you like it. Thanks

Stephanie

irene clark
03-03-2000, 08:14 PM
Hi again Stephanie
How fortunate for you to be able to travel to these exotic places and take your own photos.
Please do send more to this forum.
Thanks so much for sharing.
sincerely
Irene Clark with a heart for art

oleCC
03-03-2000, 10:27 PM
wow....I really like it! Spattering with gouche on top of pastels would never have occured to me. The texture is there for sure.
Good going !

------------------

Electra
03-05-2000, 12:56 AM
This is fantastic. I am impressed, and I can't find ANYTHING I would change about it. Consider it finished, frame it, and don't touch it!

Gisela
03-05-2000, 03:25 AM
HELP??? Nope, you don't need any! This piece is wonderful, Stephanie. Makes me want to come to Malaysia and travel and paint with you! http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
Gisela

robinsn
03-05-2000, 03:29 AM
I wouldn't change anything either. If you hadn't told us, I might have thought this was a photo of the stone that you used as a reference. I like it!

------------------
-Randy
My Art Gallery (http://www.artistnation.com/members/paris/randy/)

RyderArt
03-05-2000, 09:48 AM
Sorry to be misleading.. I couldn't figure out how to post the picture......so I never changed the title....
But, I did want feedback from other like minded creators!!! And I thank you alll....I have felt since the first one that I was on to something and you all have helped me realize that I am!!! Borobudur only has 1400 stone reliefs..and God only knows how many are at Angkor Wat. So I could spend the rest of my creative life doing these!!! Trouble is I am really picky about each relief....it really has to catch my interest...or give me an emotional connection. So they are not all relevant in my work. I hope to get my new homepage up by months end. And then you can see all the of renderings. THanks a million you guys!!!

Stephanie