PDA

View Full Version : minor burner hose drainage

PeggyK
11-17-2002, 04:35 PM
I just got a minor burner and was wondering if I purge the hose lines after I use it. I have done this with my hothead to get as much gas out of the hose when I am done making beads. I was wondering if I do the same with the O2 hose and Propane hose. Thanks.........PeggyK:cat: :cat: :cat:

wildfirelauri
11-17-2002, 05:17 PM
Hi Peggy,

I always "bleed" my hoses when I'm done torching. I bleed out propane by lighting it, and wait til it burns out. The oxy, I just let out into the air. I also always back off my regulators when the hoses are clear. Everything is on zero on the regulators when I shut down.

As far as drainage, maybe consider an antibiotic. Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

Dale_M
11-17-2002, 10:03 PM
Its not necessary to drain hose as you did with hothead as there is no oil(s) in the propane fuel.

The proper shut down would be to close valves on oxy tank and propane tank, open valves on torch and 'bleed' off pressure in hoses and regulator. Its not necessary to burn off the small amount of propane (but can't hurt anything by doing it).... Then back off adjustment on regulators to reduce pressure on diaphragms in regulators when not in use.

Yes you will have to reset regulators when you start up torch again....

As a safety issue then starting up torch, open both propane tank valve and oxygen tank valve all the way, these are double seal valves and must be opened completely so they do not leak around stem...

Dale

flamewerks
11-18-2002, 11:34 AM
My understanding is that you always burn off the propane because it is corrosive to the hose when left in there.

Is this a myth?

-M

PeggyK
11-18-2002, 12:28 PM
Thank you everyone. I have always burned off the excess gas in the line so there wouldn't be any pressure in the hose. I always assumed it was to keep the hose from leaking which could cause some fire issue? PeggyK:cat: :cat: :cat: