PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 11.16.02

KarenU
11-16-2002, 05:23 PM
Well let's see....my bills are paid, I've been to the post office and the bank, I've fed my husband lunch and he's busy with his car, my web site is finished and up and running......looks like maybe I'll get some studio time this afternoon!!! :D woo hoo!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend...see you in the threads!

Katherine J
11-16-2002, 05:29 PM
Love to see your website, Karen. How do we get there? I tried a Google search with no luck.

Off for a walk in the wind and rain, then some oil painting (after the vacuuming, yuk!).

KarenU
11-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Katherine....just click on the little www button at the bottom of my post.

llis
11-16-2002, 06:17 PM
Wanted to say that I've been looking at my Jackie Simmonds video today and it's wonderful! Thank you so much Jackie! You are a beautiful person inside and out. :)

zynnya
11-16-2002, 06:21 PM
Hi Karen,

what's your web site address?

bnoonan
11-16-2002, 07:46 PM
Looks like we missed Karen.

I've left pastels for the week and started into the oils and photography for awhile.

Catch you next week.

Barb

melaleuca
11-16-2002, 08:25 PM
Hi Karen - just loaded your page. Will check it out. Seems like everyone's too busy to scumble these days.

No time to paint today. Chores Chores and still more chores await. Hope to get to the art store to check out some table-top easels....

Originally posted by zynnya
Hi Karen,

what's your web site address?

Hi Everyone -

Here's Karen's website URL
http://www.artbyutz.com/index.htm

or you can click on the www button underneath her post

Katherine J
11-16-2002, 09:07 PM
I found your website, Karen, but not by using the www button. I couldn't seem to access it that way - I wonder how come. But I could through the www address which Melaleuca provided, for which I say thanks. Good for you, Karen - I'm impressed and you seem to have done it so quickly.

I was interested in your description of handling/framing pastels because I had just yesterday written up a blurb to give to buyers. It was good for me to see from reading yours that I'd covered all the angles. I think I've mentioned this before, but what I do with the mat next to the painting is have it cut 'reverse bevel' (if I'm not using spacers). Then the dust falls behind instead of on the bevel ledge.

KarenU
11-16-2002, 11:52 PM
Barb...sorry we missed each other today...I had a million things on the to do list. Still need to get up to SF and definitely will let you know when I'm heading that way! :D

Katherine...thanks...yes I thought about adding the bit about reverse bevel, but I had so much other stuff in there that I figured better keep it relatively simple. Yeah the site took me about 3 to 4 days worth of work, wasn't too bad.

I am happy to report that the very first day my site was up, I made a sale from it! I think it's beginners luck! :rolleyes:

Slowdown
11-17-2002, 12:28 AM
GREAT SITE KAREN!!
I think I am going to put my pastels on the shelf for a while, Im really getting into my acrylics, especially with the painting knife. I think that it fits more into my style of painting, not that I dont like pastels but lately I have found that I was concentrating too much on the technical side of pastel painting and not enjoying my experience with them. I also want to build a very loose way of painting and what better way to develope it than with the use of painting knives.
So I will see you guys in the threads, and I promise that I wont totally neglect my pastels, I think I will come back to them with a fresh mind and enjoy them like I used to.

Katherine J
11-17-2002, 12:33 AM
Congratulations, Karen, that's wonderful! What an encouragement for others who someday might have a site.

AriadneArts
11-17-2002, 02:42 PM
Congratulations, Karen. I took a peek and it's looking great! I've been dragging my feet at taking the plunge. You're inspiring me to get to it. BOL with it! (Although it looks like the good luck has started already--congrats on the sale.)

KarenU
11-17-2002, 02:48 PM
Thanks everyone for your nice comments on my site. I used MS Frontpage...about 3 days worth of effort it in....hardly had to crack open the book...pretty intuitive software. I would definitely recommend it to those that don't want to spend alot of time coding html....it does much of that for you.

guilliame
11-17-2002, 06:03 PM
Congrats on your website Karen just popped in to see whats happening as i have been busy redoing our bathroom stripped everything out and put in a new suite its like an art project what with the design and colours i can get on with that once i've fixed the leak grrrr hate water:mad: wont be posting anything for a while but will look in the threads to see how everbody's doing:D