PDA

View Full Version : WIA Friday 1st October

LadyArowana
10-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Hi everyone. :wave: Our new mattress was delivered yesterday, unfortunately the bed frame isn't here yet so it had to be propped up in the hallway!

New printer is all set up :clap: however I found that the phone I moved onto the desk to replace the speaker function on the old fax wasn't working. So yesterday I headed out to get a new one. Decided to get album for house pix at the same time. Stupid shop ( in glitziest new mall in Singapore ) didn't take Amex cards Grrrrrrrrr. Unheard of in sexy retail heaven. That used all my cash and so I couldn't drop off my dry cleaning or get spare photo paper, although I could do the new phone as that place wasn't insisting I use beans or folding bits of paper to pay.

So now I have to go out and do those jobs and THEN FINALLY I can get on with finishing the printing I wanted to do on Monday evening.

Sorry no time to catch up. Hugs, Fiona

Barrie
10-01-2010, 05:11 AM
TGIF!!
Fiona, imagine not taking a major card like that - the fools! :) Sounds like a busy one for you! :)

Dawn, were you referring to my cryptic FB post about surrendering?? That was at 2:45am on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. I was just whining cuz I have a bladder infection and was in AGONY at that hour!! I just wanted to sleep but it wasn't happening, and I said I surrender cuz I knew I had to go to the clinic, and put it off too long. I'm an idiot, yes. LOL But I have the appropriate drugs now, so all is good!!

Pam, fingers crossed the checkup is a good one - you guys have had enough!! Oh, I've had several people ask if you're coming to the bead show (Oct 22 - 24). I told them I would ask so let me know if you are heading here (got my fingers crossed behind my back you say yes!). You're hitting rock star status with your beads baby! :)

Claire, sounds like things are going okay with the pupsitting. Glad you're back to dancing too - very good news that is! :)

:wave: to everyone!! I'm sooooo tired!! So not only am I suffering through having not slept well last night (Wednesday), today of course I'm still quite uncomfortable, but I had signed up for a jewelry marketing class set for tonight. I couldn't not go, as I was the navigator for two of my students who also signed up. So I put my big girl panties on and dealt with it. It was a fun class, and VERY informative, but exhausting. I think she could have focused more on the art/craft market end of things, rather than the manufacturer's rep angle - though it was interesting to hear about. But now I'm beat and gonna head to bed - have a great Friday! I'll try to pop back later and catch up again!! Cheers!

TheBlueBetween
10-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Aww, Barrie, thats the nicest thing I've heard all day! Of course I just got up, but still! Thank you :) I don't KNOW. Maybe? It's Luke's birthday weekend so I can't abandon them, and I don't know if Frank will be up for a ride to Canada (Luke would be). Frank can't even stand a ride to the store... the bumps KILL him. So.... I don't know yet.

You know what, I also dreamed that I got invited to teach beadmaking in Australia - isn't that fun? LOL

Barrie, you sound as tired as I am this week. I'm glad your big girl panties fit and you had a good time :)

Fiona, it's Friday and just now you are printing monday's jobs?! Yikes, you are behind schedule! I hope your new printer is working smoothly.

OK, time for coffee, then off to the dr.

lawn jockey
10-01-2010, 01:58 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Oct-2010/229032-with_flash.jpg I can't wait for the bead show! I have never attended one yet. Here is one of my newest "Beady Zines" called Divinity.

TheBlueBetween
10-01-2010, 07:52 PM
LJ, very intricate - is that a crystal hanging from the center?

Barrie, I mentioned it to Frank and he said "let's go! I'll just load up on oxycodones and it will be fine!" heh. we will see.

The appt today was a waste of time, more or less. The woman who I set the appointment up with apparently did not believe me and only made the appt for a "wound check" with a nurse (who seemed a bit panicked when she realized why we were really there). So now we have to go back on monday to see the actual doctor. PITA.

Time to take the kid out for a walk and enjoy some sunshine while we have it. Makes me sad when it comes out because it could be the last sun we see in months and I never recharged. oh well.

xoxo to all of ya. TGIF.