PDA

View Full Version : Technical Question: Changing image size as it shows on wet canvas

Lynndidj
09-27-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to make the photographs that I post larger, so they can be viewed more easily. I'm on a Mac, I have uploaded the photo in a large enough size but can't change it on the thread. Anybody have any hints? I've tried to find some info on the HELP but can't find anything on this.

Thanks

Lynn

allydoodle
09-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Lynn,

I'm using Windows, not a Mac, and the way I do it is I proportionally change the pixels of the image in a Paint program, save it and then upload it. I'm not sure how a Mac works, but if you can change the pixels (proportionally is key, I think, so as not to skew your picture), it should work. If you increase, the picture should get bigger, decrease it gets smaller. I increase or decrease by equal percentage, length and width, so it stays proportional. Does that make sense? I hope I'm explaining it right. Maybe someone else can be more specific to a Mac and help you. I'm not sure you can apply my method to your Mac, as I've never used a Mac.

I thought I would explain how I do it in case you can apply it to your situation. :)

Lynndidj
09-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks Chris - I have tried many things - I NEED to take a class on Photoshop but there just isn't one around here. I've tried resizing it on Photoshop but can't get it over to WetCanvas. This is why I never post - it is so frustrating and it makes me crazy.

Lynn

Rose Queen
09-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Lynn, WetCanvas has a size limit of 800 pixels by 800 pixels for posting in the forums. Once you resize it in Photoshop, select "Save for Web" under "File." That will make sure the resolution isn't anything more than you can see on the internet, which helps keep the file size down to where WetCanvas should accept it.

Try that and let me know how it goes. If you continue to have trouble, please PM me and I'll try to help you.

Lynndidj
09-28-2010, 01:45 AM
Thanks - finally got the .gif file to upload and the photo is now LARGE!!!

Lynn

Shirl Parker
09-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Lynn, you don't need Photoshop to resize. Open your file in Preview by just double clicking on it in Finder, and then go to Tools, Resize.

Deborah Secor
09-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks - finally got the .gif file to upload and the photo is now LARGE!!!

Lynn

Lynn, .gif files are large. Try saving it as (Save As in PSP) a .jpg file, 800 pixels in the widest dimension. Rose Queen's advice seems most streamlined to me... That's a good way to do it--but there are probably 20 different approaches!