PDA

View Full Version : Hugs&Kisses

irene clark
12-10-1999, 12:49 AM
Hi ya'll,
I wish I could send better photos of my paintings. Hopefully a digital camera is in my future, at least to borrow.
This painting is approx.16x20 and done in chalk pastels.
Please comment. Do the shadows in the cave look OK?
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/User/paLion.gif

Thanks,
Irene Clark with a heart for art.
<a href="http://www.finearts.yorku.ca/kclark/hart/">Heart to H-ART - Irene Clark</a>

[This message has been edited by irene clark (edited 12-10-99).]

BillieD
12-12-1999, 01:34 AM
Dear Irene,

Ilove this one! I think the shadows look fine. What I like best, is the tilt of the Momma's head, it gives her that soul satisfied smile. The one we all feel when we think this is what babies are for.

Keep on doing what you do so well.

Your friend,
Billie Dawn

anita Stewart
12-13-1999, 08:59 PM
Irene
Very nice picture.You have captured such a sweet, tender moment.I have one concern..I have a hard time telling where the baby is..I can't tell if the body is in forn of or behind the mom's..

kemshmi
12-31-1999, 05:16 AM
Your painting has a nice feel to it..very soft..I agree with the idea of toning down the light in the upper left..also (it could be the copy)..you might try making more contrast between the subject and the background by..darkening the foreground a bit, and highlighting the top of the mommy cat and the front of the baby a little more ..all in all nice piece!!..

DrFeelgood
01-01-2000, 12:35 AM
Maybe in a second version I would blur that background to unrecognizable because it competes with your lavishly beautiful and emotional statement of a mother loving her offspring.
It also on a different level transcends animals to a universal concept,thanks for being,so that I can share your love for the world.
John

Painter
01-01-2000, 06:33 AM
For what this is worth, I feel that a bit more activity behind the head of the lion would provide a second, minor focus point, and give the painting a more complete look. I like the image very much, but would like a bit of cool color in the image to richen(I think this is a word, but it doesn't look right) the color of the mother's fur, the warm of the fur played against the cooler background.