PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been here before

gredelin
11-13-2002, 10:54 AM
but feel I might visit this forum a lot from now on - so many interesting threads!
So I thought I'd introduce myself and say hello:
Hi everybody! I've been hanging out mostly in Pastels so far, since I started a pastels class in September. I used to work as a software engineer, but right now I'm a stay-at-home mother of one-year-old twins. I find that every day of motherhood is an emotional roller-coaster, from utter joy to boredom to frustrated anger and back again... but luckily, so far, the joy dominates. I should also tell you that I'm a terrible procrastinator, with my creative endeavors as well as housework (and WetCanvas isn't helping...). See you!
/Gunilla

Blueyog
11-13-2002, 11:27 AM
Hello and welcome here :)

paintfool
11-13-2002, 11:39 AM
Welcome Gunilla! I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum! :)
Cheryl

Marquisina
11-13-2002, 01:28 PM
Welcome!!!
WOW Twins are pretty much a full time job, glad you've found the time to discover this forum!
about "Procrastination" I'm thinking about joining Procrastinators Anonymous, and I might just do that, tomorrow.

hehehe

Have a wonderful day!
Marquis:cat:

hummingbird
11-14-2002, 06:31 AM
Welcome Gunilla! :clap: Glad you posted! Wow, twins! You sure got your hands full! Nice to meet you.

Pat

gredelin
11-14-2002, 03:49 PM
Thank you all - see you around!
/Gunilla

Ron van den Boogaard
11-15-2002, 08:20 AM
If you're good at procastrinating, you might want to have a look at the adjourning forum "The Artist Way". Which deals with Julia Cameron's book for blocked artists. Will get you going (also in your house-hold duties.

Ron vd B (http://home.wanadoo.nl/brainbox)

gredelin
11-15-2002, 09:29 AM
Thank you, Ron!
I do have the book, and I've worked about half-way through it, on and off for six months. It has already helped me a lot, especially in getting the courage to be original and create. And I really got a wake-up call when she said something like 'You take care of quantity, and leave quality to the Creator' (don't have the exact quote). I'll definitely pay a visit to the Artist's Way forum!
/Gunilla

Ron van den Boogaard
11-16-2002, 08:38 AM
Gredelin,

that is exactly one of the quotes that did it for me. Also there is a miles Davis quote in there that says: "Do not fear mistakes, there are none". Those two go a long way for me.

Ron vdB (http://home.wanadoo.nl/brainbox)

Pilan
11-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Ron van den Boogaard
Gredelin,

that is exactly one of the quotes that did it for me. Also there is a miles Davis quote in there that says: "Do not fear mistakes, there are none". Those two go a long way for me.

Ron vdB (http://home.wanadoo.nl/brainbox)

I all I am glad i read this post. I need to go back really and start working my morning pages and start up read my book. As for procrastinating, it can be good. I procrastinate on housework because I am iin my studio puttering and painting :evil: , but it does help me with working though my problems. I dont know what they are but I am in my studio 80% time. I figure someday I will become a good artist just by osmosis. hope that is how you spell it :confused: . I like the quanity thing a lot. I dont remembering reading it but then its been a year or longer.

Well off to do a couple more things on my wc and pc so later folks.
Pilan

Pilan
11-18-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Pilan

I all I am glad i read this post. I need to go back really and start working my morning pages and start up read my book. As for procrastinating, it can be good. I procrastinate on housework because I am iin my studio puttering and painting :evil: , but it does help me with working though my problems. I dont know what they are but I am in my studio 80% time. I figure someday I will become a good artist just by osmosis. hope that is how you spell it :confused: . I like the quanity thing a lot. I dont remembering reading it but then its been a year or longer.

Well off to do a couple more things on my wc and pc so later folks.
Pilan

whoops, I meant to tell you that I am glad you are here. This is a wonderful place to come and rub elbows with others that are creative and need that outlet. Twins are wonderful and being a year old they will grow so quick and you will wonder where the time went:( . It gives you sometime away from the technical world and that in itself can be very very grueling. It also robs a personality and their creativity sometimes, it did me. Motherhood is demanding and tiring but you can do creative things with the children. So hang in there and find your little ways of squeezing in your art. It may help keep you grounded in it whether you feel grounded at times or not. Oh, well just trying to help :rolleyes:

Pilan

Ellis
11-20-2002, 05:31 AM
Yeah - I've been there!
I have a boy, born in April 1992 and twins, boy and girl, born in July 1993. I think I was constantly tired for years! They never slept at the same time! And sometimes you wished you had more arms...
But time goes fast, and they are 9 and 10 years old now. Driving them to and from friends every evening and helping them to do homework and packing their schoolbags.
Life is very much easier now! My daughter is very good at drawing, and she makes small paper-animals all the time. Imagine how her floor looks like! There are thousands of tiny bits of paper all around! :lol I am so happy that I got at least one child to share my interests with.
Please make sure that you get time for yourself every now and then! If only an hour... That makes a huge difference and helps you to cope with the boring phases.
About housework - I found this page: www.flylady.net, and learned that I donīt have to clean the whole house at the same time - 15 minutes in a "zone" is enough! Cleaning is quite fun (Never thought that I would think that! )

Take care!

/Elenor