PDA

View Full Version : Poppies critique

Judyp
12-06-1999, 06:24 PM
I am basically a self-taught watercolor artist. I painted this poppies picture to try to capture the transparency of the petals. It is a 13" X 15" watercolor done on 300# paper. Please let me know what you think. I've learned soooo much from critiques and would love to hear anything you can say to help me grow. Thank you. This is my first time sending anything so I hope my painting is sent with this.

william
12-06-1999, 08:01 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/User/Poppies.jpg

Here is your pic.

In the command line ONLY replace the word "filename" by "Poppies.jpg". (Your image filename that you have upload before).
ALL the rest can't bee changed or missed.(Including the and stuff.

irene clark
12-08-1999, 12:06 AM
Hi there!
I absolutely love this painting. The poppies are sooo life like, just as I see them in my gardens. They're one of my very favorites and would like to try painting them sometime.
Your painting actually made me catch my breath when it popped on the screen.
I love the style and colours of the background very much. I'm self taught also, but haven't tried watercolours yet.
I wouldn't change a thing in your painting.
You have a true gift, for sure and for certain. It's obvious ,to me anyway, that you love poppies, for love has brought you wonderful results. Keep it flowing.

sincerely
Irene Clark with a heart for art.
<a href="http://www.finearts.yorku.ca/kclark/hart/">Heart to H-ART - Irene Clark</a>

PatS
12-09-1999, 03:20 AM
This is very well done. The vivid colors are very appropriate for the subject. Your use of hard and soft edged on the blossoms is very effective in showing the light shining through the petals.

anita Stewart
12-13-1999, 09:05 PM
I second what Sandi said with one addition.. I would add tiny slivers or areas of the blues in the background to the flowers to make them flow with the background..They seem to be two different works and need a litle more blending together.