I'm doing a lot of mixed media.
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Suite/5647/infin.jpg

Comments are welcome.

bruin70
11-25-1999, 07:25 AM
are you selling your watercolors? i'd like to see more.....milt

bruin70
11-25-1999, 01:52 PM
i notice you do your watercolor on rough paper. ever try smooth? like fabriano hot press? my reason for asking is personal taste. i think finer paper has a better look. it's all a matter of scale, but in my opinion your work might look more polished on smooth. that's my aversion to rough paper speaking. when i think of rough paper i tink of those generic watercolor pads or the stuff they used to hand out in high school. but like i said, it's all a matter of scale. rough does nicely on large format. i think it looks too course for the size you've chosen.

------------------
"he who thinks he know all and knows nothing is king in a kingdom of one,,,,,or a critic" - the kobe

DrFeelgood
11-25-1999, 02:23 PM
You know I haven't tryed the smooth paper it's funny you should mention that,I'm going to try it and have plans on buying a sheet
which I will do my usual and cut into smaller sizes,thanks for your suggestions.
When I do I'l post some images http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif
John
P.S.I haven't sold any paintings,
except one for a couple of bucks to a friend who insisted on paying.

[This message has been edited by DrFeelgood (edited 11-25-99).]

bruin70
11-26-1999, 01:03 AM
is selling something you'd like to do??? well,,,in any case, here's a suggestion. this is something others on this board should consider doing. paint as if your piece were to hang on a gallery wall. paint as if you expect someone to pay hundreds for the privelege of hanging your art on their wall. at a certain point, it's time to think more intensly about what you create. one can fall into an easy pattern of nice paintings...easy paintings...practise paintings. but when you raise the level of expectations( as in how your art is treated in a gallery) you will be surprised at the changes. all of a sudden, that simple still life you're used to painting for yourself just doesn't cut it. maybe you change the composition, color, or setting to give that still life some depth. you're not quite so haphazzard with your approach. you focus better. your experiments become experiments with a purpose.

------------------
"he who thinks he know all and knows nothing is king in a kingdom of one,,,,,or a critic" - the kobe

DrFeelgood
11-26-1999, 01:23 AM
As usual your comments are very much taken in for your wisdom and knowledge I really thank you for your insights.
I do find myself kind of stuck cratively at times. People advise me to take a break but I find that to hard, I'm afraid of loosing momentum.
I read and re read your comments your very knowledgable about the creative process.
John