PDA

View Full Version : Just for the fun

william
11-12-1999, 11:59 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/User/chavena.jpg

This one was made just for fun, without no draw at all, in a lazy afternoon. It's hanged in the kitchen aside of the breakfast table .
I fell more comfortable with landscapes.
Shadows are impossible and strange, perspective is wrong and so on... but i had a lot of pleasure. That's because I like it... it reminds me an happy afternoon.

Im shy and with some lack of confidence...it's true.. but I'm always thinking that if I'm gonna try to be out I will be concerned about selling, acceptation, critique, framing, selling...
This way I can do everything I want... who cares? I have my job for my living.
And this is not an excuse...

BillieD
11-13-1999, 07:14 PM
Good for you! I like your attiude almost as much as your painting.

You are right this is different from your landscapes. I love it as well, the colors and perspectives remind me of my favorite artist, Van Gogh.

Often what you do while "playing" is, in art, as serious as what you struggle over. The mood is showing and it gives the viewer as much joy as you had making it. Isn't that what we struggle to do?

Keep up the good work William!

irene clark
11-13-1999, 09:49 PM
Hi Antonio
This is truly a lovely painting.
I feel like sitting there and having a nice cup of tea. I love the colors and simple atmosphere. Very homey.
Keep inspiring us, but first and formost always paint for your own pleasure, straight from your heart.
Take care.
Irene Clark

[This message has been edited by irene clark (edited 11-13-99).]

SlaweMonster
11-15-1999, 11:33 AM
Yes, William, you are well ready to introduce the world to your art. You should be showing, you have done some great stuff. I have enjoyed everything you have shown here. Thanks for sharing.

Slawe

Julia
11-22-1999, 09:34 PM
Try not to do it, when you are lazy. Intense work is never in vain. The impression is nice, but the work is unfinished. The cup seems flat and need to be formed. The white side of the cup is of the same value and color as the white flowers in the right. You should decide what is brighter. May be, the cup, as it is closer to us. THe shadows for the cup and the vase need to be transaparent, filled with air, especially their edges and more versatile in color. besides blue, you can put in red, violet, etc., as they are cold. As for the window, its right side seems darker then the left one and it should be slightly darker than it is. The blue of the window should be differnt from the blue of the vase and the blue of the shadows. Try to include more colors into your palette, not only Ultramarine Blue or Phtalo Blue.The color of the cloth in the foreground is too "pale", unsaturated compared to the bright colors of the whole work. Add more orange and blue. Sometimes you can see some blue when there is only orange.

DrFeelgood
11-25-1999, 11:54 PM
As it says in your post this image was done "Just for fun" and as such it deserves a round of applause for you, Remember,please yourself enjoy painting for you. You have a gift allow yourself these fun simple excursions, they fuel spontaiety. Do 30 sec watercolors. Creativity can be a fun process.
I like this peice, it is bold fun and vibrant.
Realize growth can come from suffering but it can also come from an entire palette of emotions. Joy, rapture, confident internal states, fuel you to higher levels.Let go and
just paint my friend!
Regards,
John

------------------
Resentment is like taking poison, in hopes your enemy will die.
Unknown