PDA

View Full Version : portrait

DrFeelgood
11-15-1999, 09:03 PM
Please feel free to comment.This is a computer image I created using a program called Poser2. The light and details are my own.The model was a grey model which I painted.
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Suite/5647/subdude.JPG

------------------
I'm your huckleberry...that's just my game.
Doc Holiday

[This message has been edited by DrFeelgood (edited 11-15-99).]

bruin70
11-16-1999, 03:16 AM
doc,,,,,i'm impressed with your sense of taste. you hav e a nice point of view

------------------
"he who thinks he know all and knows nothing is king in a kingdom of one,,,,,or a critic" - the kobe

Talmadge Moose
11-17-1999, 04:54 PM
the left eye looks dead. You probably would help it if you highlighted it with a white highlight in the pupil area. Careful, or he will look crosseyed (or she) and take a look at the right eye. It looks rather pasted on. I still admire what you ahve done with poser2. I have this program, but have not spend a great deal of time with it. I primarily use the program much as I would a mannikin, to use for posing the figure to draw a rough sketch from, and to help me nail down what I want to do. If yiou make changes in the eyes, I will be interested in seeing the results

Julia
11-22-1999, 09:14 PM
Is the girl alive? It seems to me, she's dead. Not bad, but too gloomy. I have a depressive impression from this work.
The sculp seem bigger that it is. Try to avoid black negative spaces in the high right corner.

bruin70
11-24-1999, 05:48 PM
the thing about drawing the eye is that it is an orb that sits in a socket. so,,,it should be rounded. your eye is flat, even a bit concave, to the rest of the face. rendering light eyes is always a problem. they look ,,,well,,,,,,spooky. milt

------------------
"he who thinks he know all and knows nothing is king in a kingdom of one,,,,,or a critic" - the kobe

DrFeelgood
11-24-1999, 10:05 PM
This picture was done after going to my usual on line hangout and seeing the brightly lit images others made.
I tryed for the subtle skin tones,I'm really not into drawing or creating dead people.
The eye was not meant to draw attention, I just thought I'd post this,I do appreciate the comments. But just so I'm clear on my intent.
The image is meant to evoke a rather calm reflective mood.
This is just one of the many I do all the time.
I thought some might like it I'm not bothered if you dont.
Happy holidays to all...
John

------------------
I'm your huckleberry...that's just my game.
Doc Holiday

bruin70
11-25-1999, 02:45 AM
well,,,i think you've done just that. you put a lot of feeling into your art,,,,,,,even if it is cad;-) i like all your stuff. very original, strong ...milt

------------------