PDA

View Full Version : WIA Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dawnt0721
09-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Good morning!

I'm up super early this morning with the boys and their friend who spent the night last night. Playing with my new iPad! I've wanted one for a long time So I used my summer bead sales money to splurge. I think I'm officially an apple geek now!

Fiona - Australia sounds fabulous! I've always wanted to go there.

Claire - I had to laugh at Leon's antics but it sounds like he's growing up! Hope you are enjoying your day off!

Pam - my husband gets that way when he's sick. I know i should be sympathetic but mostly I just get annoyed. I'm jealous of your new torch! Might have to be next on the save up for list.

:wave: Barrie, Gwen, Andee and everyone else!

Better get in the shower and get ready for work. Yesterday was the biggest day (sales-wise) we've had in a really long time. Hope today is good as well. I'll check back in later.

Andee
09-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Hi Dawn, hi all!

Tired, tired... Still have the feeling I bit off more than I can chew with that new job. I'll try to catch up a little tomorrow - today was just vegging out on the sofa with added laundry. *yawn*

:wave:

claire.c
09-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Hi all
I've had an active day, with a ton of laundry, a bit of housework and a wonderful walk for Leon with his doodle friend Marley. They chased around and swam and rolled in the sand, he has been fast asleep ever since. I've got my play recorded so I can learn my lines while doing other things, it was alarming to see just how big the part is. Tonight will be a slob in front of a video night for me, I've got a choice of three and can't decide which.

Still undecided on the mobile phone, tending towards the nokia 5230 which has gps with free map downloads, our satnav needs its maps upgrading and I was horrified to see the cost of them. The phone doesn't do wifi, but I don't think I'm too worried about that, and the camera is a bit rubbish, but I use a camera for photos, not my phone.

Pam, that magic wand sounds exactly what I need (although 20 years may not be quite enough!). If you could just enrol Luke in enough outside activities to get your life back then it might be plain sailing - talking of which, has he tried dinghy sailing?

Dawn, are we going to have to rename you iDawn now? Seems like you have everything Apple make, and you make good use of them. Yay for good sales, your boss will be impressed with your management.

Andee, I expected this weekend to be a tired one for you, any new job is hard work. It will become easier in a few weeks I'm sure.

Barrie
09-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Good morning everyone!

Claire, I love hearing about Leon! He & Marley sound like best buddies - I love it when dogs CRASH after a good play. Bailey does that, and when she's out, the house could come down around her ears and she'd sleep right through it! Good choice on the phone for you - I'd need all the bells and whistles, but that's because I'm a total gadget geek these days!

Dawn, I'm sooooo thinking iPad next! lol But figure I better settle for new bed and recliner before I get any more expensive gadgets! lol Congrats on the bead sales, btw! That's awesome!

Pam, yay for some free time!! 5 hours is great!!! Looking forward to seeing the new beadies from that new torch! As for fish and power outages, the freshwater fish are fine as long as there is lots of surface area in the tank (allows oxygen to dissolve into the water) but the saltwater are a different story. The fish don't usually have a problem with it, it's the corals that suffer. In the ocean there is constant current, and when there's no current (no power to make the pumps go!), they're totally confused. I have no idea just how long they can go without current, but don't want to test that theory!! We're buying a generator for the winter - there's just too much $$$ tied up in these darn things, but worse than that, it's heart wrenching when things die!!!

Andee, no wonder you're tired - hope next week is a bit better!!

:wave: to all today. Not much going on here. Dh had to work today - he only works one Saturday a year (inventory day), so we don't complain, but sure messes with our weekend. Not sure what to do with my day, but I'm sure I'll think of something!! have a great day all! :)

TheBlueBetween
09-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi guys :) Luke's team won another soccer game, it was a good match, they were down by 2 in the first half but came back to squish them in the end, 6 to 2.

Dawn, I'm jealous of the iPad! I want one but keep going back and forth about it. Still seems like too much money for what it is... but it would be so convenient!

Barrie, this is the year to get a generator - I have a feeling we are in for a severe winter.

Claire, no, but I was thinking about getting us kayaks. Hope your movie night is enjoyable!

Hiya Andee, sure wish I could send you an infusion of energy. Hugs!

Here is one of my beads from yesterday:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Sep-2010/27814-beads9-25-10-017.jpg

claire.c
09-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Wow Pam, that is an amazing bead, it just has so much .. everything!

TheBlueBetween
09-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks Claire! It's a bit over the top - reminds me of cirque du soleil somehow!