PDA

View Full Version : Sharing a fun watercolor

Gisele
11-11-2002, 11:52 AM
Like I promised to the guys in the TAW chat last night here is a watercolor I did this week. This is somewhat of a "what if" painting. What if I was 5 years old what would I enjoy painting? What if I painted it on the brand new paper I've never tried before? What if I listen to cosmic music while doing it? What if I put wax paper here and there? What if I used bold colours? What if I took the masking tape off as soon as it's done?( It tore the edge of the painting...) What if I don't have any expectations of the outcome of it all? What if I want to try the same subject again but this time on the watercolor paper I am used to?

I can not express the fun I had painting this and the freedom that remained after. The peace inside of "knowing" that painting anything is ok and not to get stressed up with people's expectations. I like the peace of my studio and I realise now how much not having one in the past was such a big deal after all.

All comments are welcome and I would especially like to know what are your feelings when looking at this painting.

Thank you!

Gisele:)

hummingbird
11-11-2002, 02:18 PM
Wow Gisele!! And you got a great painting out of it too! Sounds like it was very freeing. When I first started reading your post..and I couldn't see the painting yet till I scrolled further down..I first thought maybe you were gonna paint your house, your brothers and sisters --you know like a 5 yr. old would and that woulda been fun too cause it puts you back in touch with being a kid again. But then as I read and got further down and saw your painting...wow. Alls I can say is let yourself play more often! Nice job!

Pat

PS --I almost forgot to tell my feelings like you asked...well...first off I used to have hair like that, LOL Was thinking about that. And then I looked closer and liked the techniques you used and the colors. Its a good painting. Oh --and I wonder if she's a Priestess because of her jewelry on her forehead by the third eye and that leads me to thinking of Avalon...well you asked! :)

Blueyog
11-11-2002, 02:23 PM
Beautiful. It looks calm and dreamy :) And the colors are very pretty !

Marquisina
11-11-2002, 11:04 PM
I really like this painting Gisele!! Your "what if" technique works!
For me it invokes feelings of mystery, gothic perhaps, definitely dreamy...... !!!
Looking forward to seeing you in chat soon!

Marquis:cat:

oleCC
11-12-2002, 07:35 PM
Hi ya old friend...long time eh? I truly like this one Gis, and it made me feel as though I was traveling in the hereafter thru that "third eye jewel"..........very free and flowing with the breezes. Love that feeling! Sounds like you had as much fun doing it as I have viewing it .... Carol

jenrou
11-12-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by oleCC
Hi ya old friend...long time eh? I truly like this one Gis, and it made me feel as though I was traveling in the hereafter thru that "third eye jewel"..........very free and flowing with the breezes. Love that feeling! Sounds like you had as much fun doing it as I have viewing it .... Carol

Carol!!! Good to see you! I tried emailing you not long ago and it came back. :D

Gisele, I really like this, and wish I could do as well! (Thanks for the recipes!):D

oleCC
11-12-2002, 08:44 PM
Jean.. my new email is: [email protected] Good to "see ya" !

Gisele
11-13-2002, 01:22 PM
Thank you everyone for your comments and Carol, what a surprise! Where have you been all this time? Nice to hear from you!

oleCC
11-13-2002, 04:14 PM
Hey Gis.....thanks for the welcome back..I am hoping to be able to spend time here again, I do miss all the buds. I even joined the still life Christmas project (ahhhhhhh someone create more hours in the days please).........:rolleyes:
Hugs to ya Gis........Carol

TeAnne
11-14-2002, 07:59 AM
Hi ya all, So good to see some familliar faces who havn't been around in awhile ;)

Giz, I really like the eyes on this one. Seems so peircing :D

BeyondTheNineSquares
11-22-2002, 09:31 PM
Great painting! I couldn't see it either while I ready what you'd written. I didn't know what to expect. As I gazed at it I saw peace, and felt it coming over me as well. Good work!

Gisele
11-26-2002, 08:26 AM
Thank you all for your comments. I am more and more painting without expectations and just enjoying the "what if" game. It seems to lead me down my road "home".

Carrie
12-25-2002, 10:21 PM
Ohhh, I do like the way you did this. I can just tell you really enjoyed your paper and your paint!

Carrie

lisilk
01-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Hi Gisele,

I'm am new here so haven't seen your other work but I like this one very much. It has a very textured feel. It reminds my of fairy tales I used to make up in my head when I was young. Allowing yourself to let go expectations and just experiment seems to have been very freeing for you. It makes me feel calm and realxed.

Thanks.

Li

Gisele
01-24-2003, 09:01 AM
Thank you Carrie and Li for your comments.

It seems this very smooth paper allows the "fairy" kind of feeling better the the usual Gemini Strathmore paper I often used in the past. I also used wax paper here for textures; that's a lot of fun too!

Gisele :)