View Full Version : bluechair

DrFeelgood
11-01-1999, 09:39 AM
This is an image I did this morning.
Comments welcome.

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Suite/5647/bluechair.JPG

Phyllis Franklin
11-02-1999, 08:58 PM
I have visited your latest image many times since you first put it up and I have to tell you that it does intrigue me. I can't say that it would be a piece of art work that I would hang in my house, but then again, I do keep coming back to look at it again. I think that art should make you think deeper or take you into a moment.

I would like to learn more about your technique. Thanks for sharing your art with us all.

DrFeelgood
11-02-1999, 09:47 PM
Thanks for your kind words,this image was done in a software program called Painter3d.
I'm after the less is more design.
I don't have a scanner so I'll be putting digital art here.
I used negative shapes to define the chair.
It's not meant to go into a museum, I just have fun with my art,it's my passion.
I've created several thousand digital images over the last 2-3 years. I use a Wacom4X5" graphics tablet. Nothing beats a pencil though.

[This message has been edited by DrFeelgood (edited 11-02-99).]

SlaweMonster
11-04-1999, 06:34 PM
DrFeelgood, I like it too. It's kinda lonely.

Slawe

Phyllis Franklin
11-07-1999, 09:57 AM
Dr.:

I don't have a scanner either. I take pictures of my art work using a regular camera without using the flash and then take them to the developer. I ask that they be put on a photo disk for me and then I can upload the photo of my art to my homepage, email to friends, and post on this site.

I appreciate the information about your work using 3d. One of these days I want to try my hand. It looks like a happy medium to work in.

Right now I am trying to tackle watercolors. I am an oil painter and watercolor is certainly a different animal, just as I am sure digital art is.

I enjoy looking at your digital art but hope that you can get some pics of your other mediums uploaded. Thanks again for sharing your art with us.