PDA

View Full Version : Daily scumble 11-11-02

Slowdown
11-11-2002, 03:54 AM
Morning all!!!!!!!!!
Fantastic day today,..sun is shining the weather is cool............
heheh, sounds like a song I know.......
Finished that charcoal thingy I was yappin about a couple of days ago, I will post it once the gesso is dry. I havnt had much opportunity to finnish my maltese boat because of work, but I will get that done soon.
So, how has everybody been?????
When crumby gets to read this post I hope he can shed some light on the situation back home regarding these fires, I saw Tawoomba go up in flames on telly a couple of nights ago, hope the rains have come to help out.
Guess its snowing in the USA and you guys have elections soon no?.............
Anyways gotto get back to it, hoping that I dont get a phone call from work to go in, need a break from all that gambling!

seejay
11-11-2002, 07:30 AM
Slowdown

When crumby gets to read this post I hope he can shed some light on the situation back home regarding these fires, I saw Tawoomba go up in flames on telly a couple of nights ago, hope the rains have come to help out.

No rain to speak off, and there are still lots of fires unfortunately. My sister's property was burnt out at Toowoomba, luckily her house survived.

Tough for the farmers, tough for the wildlife, and tough for those who have lost their homes. Lets hope for a change in the weather soon.

nazam
11-11-2002, 08:18 AM
Hi there fellow artists...

It has been a long time since my last log in here....being a bit busy. It's 9.10 pm 11/11/02 here in my place. I've been waiting for this date...result of an art contest.

I've submitted a mixed media (95% in oil pastels) artwork for the Nokia Art Award 2002 (Malaysia)...and 2 weeks before, my artwork got selected for the 2nd round. Today, the results of finalist artworks....too bad my artwork didn't make it.

One of the judges (an local artist-Mr. Ramsay Ong) was there when i came to take my artwork back...he told me, my artwork would be in the finalist group if the rose is not there.....at least his words did cheer me up a bit... :)

gnu
11-11-2002, 01:19 PM
Hi all, sure do hope those fires stop soon..
We've been having rainbows here, have to get the images off this morning's card(?corrupted), but snapped two rainbows last nigt, and one more this morning..
Nazam...sorry you did'nt make the finalists...but you did make that 2nd round, so congratulations...it's still an achievement...
have a good day/night...

KarenU
11-11-2002, 03:18 PM
Having a nice long weekend here. Sunny today, finally our rains have ceased, for the moment. More on the way tomorrow. I've been busy with work...gotta pay the bills! Plus, just haven't been in a creative mood lately. I keep going into the studio, but nothing seems to interest me. Ahhh well...just one of those phases I suppose....as many wise people have said....this too will pass.

Sorry to hear of terrible fires...I know from this past summer in my area it can be devastating to the people involved, not to mention the wildlife and environment. One might argue that occassionally a good fire is required to maintain an area's ecosystem, but it's still hard to watch.

Nazam...congrats on making it to the second round!! That's fabulous. Keep trying and I'm sure soon you'll be whooping it up with a winner!

Hope everyone is having a great day...see you in the threads! :D

melaleuca
11-11-2002, 06:52 PM
Congrats nazam - sorry you did make the final round but I'm sure you will soon.

Seejay - scary about your sister's property. Glad the house survived. Need some RAIN here -desperately.

Originally posted by KarenU
just haven't been in a creative mood lately. I keep going into the studio, but nothing seems to interest me.

I've been feeling pretty much the same, Karen. Not interested in anything - work's been particularly draining. :(

Have a great day. :cool:

She-She
11-11-2002, 07:34 PM
Good evening everyone,
It's 6:30 pm 11/11 here. It was nice out today, but I was inside at my job:rolleyes: so I couldn't enjoy it. We have a little bit of snow left, but not much. We need the moisture too, it's getting too dry around here. I haven't been working one my pastels much, but have a watercolor underway. But haven't been working on that much either. Been too busy doing other things that matter.