PDA

View Full Version : Ideas Needed for an Old Sleigh???

Strawberry Wine
11-10-2002, 06:55 PM
Hello All:

While browsing in an Antique Shop in Gravenhurst, Ontario, this past summer, I discovered an old wooden sleigh which had wooden runners and not metal ones probably from the 1940's. I thought I would paint a winter scene on it (not necessarily Christmas but winter so it could be a decoration for our very long!!!!! winter. I have scoured my old books and just can't find what I am looking for. I was thinking of some kind of winter landscape. If anyone out there has some ideas or photos I would really appreciate the help and input.

Gail

mrsmac
11-11-2002, 01:59 PM
The book "Seasons" from Pumpkin Ridge (winter scene on the front) has a couple of really nice ideas for your sled. Another would just be to put a favourite winter thing on it (a snowman being built by children, skaters on a pond).
Please show us the finished project!!!!
Jackie:rolleyes:

Strawberry Wine
11-12-2002, 08:06 AM
Thanks Jackie:

Yesterday, I remembered that I havea program called Print Shop. I found a couple of ideas on it which I have printed . They are black and white photos but that should not be a problem. Thanks for your help and I will post when finished.

Gail

arlene
11-12-2002, 08:48 AM
Looking forward to seeing it.

Strawberry Wine
11-13-2002, 07:20 PM
Hi : I sketched out the design on the base coat today. I am hoping to work on it over the next week and hopefully finish by the end of next week. I will post it when finished. Thanks for the advice

Gail

P.S. I am not sure if the design I am attempting will work (with the spaces between the slats) so if anyone has any other ideas please post them or let me know.