PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Members Show Transcendence

CarlyHardy
09-23-2010, 01:24 PM
The 2010 Oil Pastel Society Members Only Online Show opens today at "high noon". Check out the winners for top awards on the front page of the site and then see all the winning paintings showcased!

Congratulations to everyone who participated in this year's show:clap: . Bill Creevy, the award's judge, gave high praise to everyone, and commented on how effective oil pastels could be when used by artists who have a command of the medium!

Hope you enjoy the show and will pass on your comments to all the artists!

http://oilpastelsociety.com

carly

p.s. you'll see me online now with a new identity...CarlyHardy!

Kathryn Wilson
09-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Congratulations to all the winners ... Bill did a great job!

Pat Isaac
09-23-2010, 04:02 PM
He certainly did...congrats to all..

Pat

RainySea
09-23-2010, 04:03 PM
A beautiful, beautiful show. Congrats to everyone. So cool to see so many WC members I know among the entrants. :)

AllanWaiShingMak
09-25-2010, 04:00 AM
this year my luck was gone. every years, the difficulty of winning is rising. Everyone likes fames and prizes. but there are few to be won. Beside of this pursuit, l learn somethings essence from comparisons among members' skills, techniques and presentation of artwork.
yes, it was hard to swallow the truth but it was easily to swallow the true reflection on my artwork when l looked at them in the mirror. during art university, a group-critics were horror and terrify. a self-critic was mild but not helpful.

please visit the show sometimes. Congrats to everyone.

sundiver
09-29-2010, 05:50 AM
It's a gorgeous show, very impressive.

gekai
09-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Just joined WetCanvas although I have been a member of the Oil Pastel Society since its inception. I have had fun exhibiting in the members show every year. The variety and quality of the paintings seem to improve each year. Being picked is always a surprise. Kudos to the judges and organizers of all the shows. Not having had any formal art training, I am looking forward to picking up pointers from one and all!:wave:

Pat Isaac
10-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Welocme to Wet Canvas and the oil pastel forums....looking forward to seeing you around.

Pat

Herb
10-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Congratulations to all those who were selected for places and honorable mentions. I enjoyed seeing such a variety of work. Let's get the word out and try and expand the number of entrants next year. My only teeny-tiny nit to pick is that I would have liked to hear some of the thinking behind Mr. Creevy's choices as we have heard from judges in years past.

CarlyHardy
10-19-2010, 10:32 PM
We were really fortunate to catch Bill at a time when he could judge the show. He was getting ready for an opening in New York at the same time. I'm sure if he'd had more time, he would have written out more comments. The one thing he did say was that the show "really showed what oil pastels were capable of when used by experienced artists".

carly

Scarefishcrow
11-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Congratulations to all the winners in this show. And by that comment I don't just mean those that were selected for Awards (though that is a great honor).

Everyone that entered a piece into the competition is a WINNER. As someone said earlier the prizes are few. However the rewards of having the discipline and creativity to produce a piece of Fine Art and submit it to the show make one a WINNER in my book.

To me, everyone that entered the competition is a WINNER, whether they were awarded a formal prize or mention.

Bill Creevy did an excellent job of judging, though I'm sure he found it terribly difficult to have to choose those to whom Awards would be given from all the WINNERS that had entered.

BILL Le Grande
:heart: :music: :music: :heart: