PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 11.09.02

KarenU
11-09-2002, 12:40 PM
Morning all! :D I feel like I haven't been around much. Yesterday my day started at 5 a.m.....had a 7 a.m. business meeting. When I left the house at 6:15, it was pouring rain, still managed to make it to my meeting on time....whew. The meeting was to last only a couple of hours. Finally at 12:30 it was over!! I hopped in my car, did the fast food drive thru, and ate on the way to my next meeting at 1:30, which was a 45 minute drive north. Arrived on time...the meeting was only to last about 1 hour. Finally at 5:00 p.m....I started making my way home, yet again in the rain. <b>WHAT A DAY!!!</b>

I've also been working on some new articles for the Pastel Channel (not authored by me...just helping out some other folks). I feel like I've got the Article Publisher figured out now and let me tell you, it really isn't difficult at all. I think my main learning point was....get everything laid out in your own word processing program, and then it makes for pretty quick going once you get into the Publisher.

This weekend is going to be busy for me, I have some work from my meetings that needs to get started along with keeping up with what's going on here! :D At least the sun is shining again!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend...see you in the threads!

sundiver
11-09-2002, 12:50 PM
Good afternnon! I'm sitting here fiddling with my KarenU wannabe pastel: the lighthouse I did on black paper for the FND last night and a shameless emulation of her loose, vibrant style.
But when I saw it today, do you think I could leave it alone? Nooooo. Should have locked away my pastel pencils ..hope I haven't spoiled it.
Then I'm going after another of the images with my Nupastels.
I matted a bunch of my pastels, etc. and took them to work. Sold 10 by noon that day :), the favorites being realistic pastel landscapes. Now I can buy some frames for the stuff I want to put up at home!
Have a great weekend! (Is it a long weekend for everybody or just us Canuks?)

gredelin
11-09-2002, 03:13 PM
Just you Canuks, I believe.
Thank you sundiver for a fun friday night event! Please post the lighthouse again so we can see if you really ruined it ;)! And congratulations on selling your paintings, makes me go green with envy... not that I have any paintings to sell...
I just might start a fall landscape today... or, I'll just go to B&N, sip coffee and browse art books - much safer to just dream...
Have a great weekend, everybody!
/Gunilla

Taminka
11-09-2002, 04:25 PM
Oh Karen, heavy rain sounds wonderful!!! Australia is in the middle of our worst drought on record. The countryside is so dry and brown.

I live in a very small town with only tank water and have had to buy 2 loads in the past 3 months - for the first time ever.

Minky

chookbrown
11-10-2002, 12:37 AM
Well it's a long weekend here in Nebraska as Monday is Veteran's Day which is a public holiday...

Today was fun... I was a "Guest Artist" at Dick Blicks today and got to work in the store doing some art.. took both colored pencils and pastels. Chatted with customers, showed them what I used, talked about my art.... got some product given to me etc... Just a nice day... :D:D

Hope you all had a great day also,

Colleen :D:D