geckonia
11-09-2002, 12:51 AM
original:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2002/geck_08_leaf_orig.jpg

Painted with Art History Brush on one layer (thanks Julie!) alla prima:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2002/geck_08_leaf_pastel.jpg

Detail:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2002/geck_08_leafdetail.jpg

Julie, you can see in the detail that I used your pencil variant technique. I brushed over the stray lines it produced with the oil pastels again... this is exactly the effect I wanted, thanks!

Edit: Almost forgot to tell you... I blurred the whole thing then went back over just the leaf.... giving it a little dof, ya know...

in8art
11-09-2002, 01:08 AM
a rainbow on a leaf... Nice:)

geckonia
11-09-2002, 01:11 AM
Thanks Reed... hey I almost didn't recognize you under the new tinyhead ;) that's so cool! :cat:

jsr88
11-09-2002, 09:16 AM
Geck...GREAT NAME you gave the new one-layer technique!
:clap:

I like what did...and I'm OH SO HAPPY it works for you!

Did you come up with anything on how to save our settings or brush sets? (I'm really anxious to figure THAT one out!)

:clap: ~ BEAUTIFUL AHB ALLA PRIMA!!! ~ :clap:

MORE! MORE !! MORE !!!

marilyn h
11-09-2002, 09:20 AM
My favorite colors. Fall is fantasy! I want to know how you do these things!!! Please tell me! I am dense when it comes to this.

jsr88
11-09-2002, 09:34 AM
Marilyn, I think between Geck and myself, we can get a small and very simple technique sheet written for everyone who wants to learn the basics of the Alla Prima AHB. (Geck...I just volunteered your services, in case you didn't notice! :D )

Ozzie
11-09-2002, 10:28 AM
Like the images Geck and the effect. Geckkkkkkkkkkk, is that what I think it is. Hmmmm, what are we playing with?

:D Ozzie

jsr88
11-09-2002, 10:38 AM
No...Ozzie...that's just "poison IVY!!!"
:D

Geck...you been to Wisconsin? That stuff grows in the farmers fields around here. Hmmm....and they feed it to their cows! :D

geckonia
11-09-2002, 11:59 AM
Lol, Ozzie, it's actually a Japanese Maple... :D What were you thinking????

Hi Marilyn! :D Doesn't it look like fun? We're trying to figure out how the Art History Brush in photoshop works. It's a great tool if you can work the controls to get the look you want. Once we have it down, we'll write an article or something... can't wait to see what you do with it!

Julie, I think we're almost there... We're really getting this thing figured out, thanks so much for your enthusiastic support in this endeavor!

Here's how I find my brush sets. Click on the tool presets in the upper left corner, then click on the triangle drop down menu and you'll see it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Nov-2002/geck_09_ahbpresets.jpg

jsr88
11-09-2002, 12:04 PM
Geck!
:clap: ~ SAMOOOOOCH!!! ~ :clap:

That's GREAT!!! Thanks for posting the capture!

At the moment, I'm trying to work up the PSP tutorial I promised to Alan...and other PSPv7 users who might be lurking just out of sight. :D

If all goes well I should be able to post by late this evening. (About 6-8 hours from the time of THIS post! ;) )

I sure wish I knew what programs everyone using. And I wish we could do a poll where we could check off as many as we need. (That might be available...haven't checked to be sure. :) )

jsr88
11-09-2002, 12:06 PM
Ooops! I forgot to say thanks for the "enthusiasic" part of your comment. It's EASY to be enthusiastic when I have people who are interested! :D

geckonia
11-09-2002, 12:10 PM
Hi Julie,

I know you have your hands full, so I'll start on the AHB tutorial this weekend, then I'll pass it on to you for fine tuning and translation to PC... Sound good? Can't wait to see what you're putting together for the PSP folks...I'm sure I'll learn something too.

jsr88
11-09-2002, 12:18 PM
Ohhhh Geck...that sounds like DEAL to me. I've just recently found out that there aren't 48 hours in the day like I thought there were! :D (All play and no work makes jsr a very POOR person! :D )

There is one problem though. The PSPv7 doesn't have anything as dynamic as the AHB, so I'll have do a little experimenting to find a simulation fo it. (C'mon JASC! Get with the program! literally! ;) )

mindful
11-12-2002, 08:47 PM
What beautiful colours and a loveley effect. A pattern produced by Drapier in a different thread gave me an idea. I isolated the leaf on to a black background and manipulated a creative distortion in PI5 until I was happy with it. Hope you like the result...it put me in mind of a William Morris pattern.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Nov-2002/morris.jpg

geckonia
11-12-2002, 09:08 PM
mindful, that's so lovely! It looks like a fuchsia bird :) Thanks for posting it!

Oh, Julie I wouldn't do that to you... all I need you to do is tell me what the keystroke equivelants are on a PC, since I use a mac... you don't have the "option" key I guess which I use alot... I think it's CTRL on a PC? ... Lol, unless you WANT to create an AHB for PSP... I'm sure they'd love it!

MissMouse
11-15-2002, 10:36 PM
mindful that is stunning...

Geck
Alt and Ctrl = Option and Cmd

mindful
11-16-2002, 10:14 AM
Thankyou MM:D