PDA

View Full Version : Autumn colours

mindful
11-08-2002, 06:02 PM
In appreciation of the colours of autumn, I shot this lovely scene next to a canal in Birmingham.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2002/canalaut.jpg

To make the image a little more impressionistic, I used the Oil Paint filter under Ulead PI 5, giving the following result.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2002/canalaut2.jpg

jsr88
11-08-2002, 06:12 PM
Mindful...Welcome to the Digital Minipulation Room, fondly regarded as the "Basement". ;)

You certainly have some beautiful colors there. I love the reflections. I also think the the filter did a very nice job. I really like the softness it created.

:clap: ~ Well Done!

Hope we see you around a lot in the future.

marilyn h
11-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Nicely done! I am so jealous of all of your manipulations. Mine are so awful, I am embarrassed to show them.

Ozzie
11-09-2002, 12:15 AM
Nice composition and colors mindful. Being a photo nut, I favor the first one.
Very nice, how your eye is drawn and focused on the bridge.......very nicely done.

Ozzie

mindful
11-09-2002, 10:34 AM
Many thanks for the welcome and kind words. My father-in-law, Bobby D, may be more familiar to you all.

jsr88
11-09-2002, 10:36 AM
BobbyD...ROB!!! Well, a DOUBLE WELCOME to one of the "FAMILY!!"

Terrific! Glad to see we're growing a family tree here!

SunnyJon
11-09-2002, 11:47 AM
Mindful-WELCOME!!!:clap: I imagine you must be the computer wiz kid that Bobby is always bragging about! Nice to see more family members around here! The original photo is actually a very soft focus-how'd you do that? The second is a very nicely done impressionism!2:cool: :clap: :clap: :clap:

geckonia
11-09-2002, 12:06 PM
WOW! That's the best oil filter I've ever seen... by a long shot... very well done!

Welcome to the forum... Your father-in-law is highly respected around here, and I'm glad there is another member the family on board.

Keep posting!

Bobby D
11-10-2002, 08:40 AM
Welcome indeed, Mindful. About time you got involved. As you can see from some of the postings you are already well known. Love the photo and it makes a good transition to impressionist oils.

Guys - what can I say? If it weren't for the fact that Joy will soon bring me down to earth, I'd hardly get my head through the door!