PDA

View Full Version : Green Tree Frog

Gaka
11-08-2002, 12:38 AM
Hi Everyone

This is my Green Tree Frog....It is 350mmW x 400mmH or 14inW x 17inH and it took me around 95 hrs. Painted on Canson Paper (Back Off)

I hope you enjoy

Gaka

Gaka
11-08-2002, 12:40 AM
This is a close up of the detail.

Gaka

Blueyog
11-08-2002, 12:44 AM
Of course I enjoy !!! I looooove frogs !!! And your work is always great ! :)

Slowdown
11-08-2002, 01:49 AM
This is fantastic, the detail........wow.........
Great work Gaka.

crumbedbrains
11-08-2002, 02:28 AM
Love this Gaka!

The detail blows me away . . . . I personally love the highlight in the eye which shows the reflection of the horizon . . . but just thinking back . . . I can't believe we've independently done frogs (albeit yours much better than mine) in pretty much the same pose as I never saw this one before the frog I did . . amazing . . great minds eh?? he he

Anyway superb as per usual mate!!

Crumby

Redsy333
11-08-2002, 07:33 AM
Amazed and WOW'D again!!
I am still up in arms over the fact that you dont sell your work???? lol You have such beautiful work and I race to see each of your postings. Thanks again for sharing:D

CBruce
11-08-2002, 09:08 AM
My goodness! The horizon in the eye....now that's real detail. Beautiful.

llis
11-08-2002, 09:31 AM
Awesome.... care to share some more of your technique? I'd love to hear what you have to share.

Gaka
11-08-2002, 09:36 AM
Hi everyone

Thank you very much for viewing and your kind comments.

Crumby......Or anyone who may be interested....You mentioned reflection and that reminds me that I have not spoken to you regarding the use of reflection or Sunbeams etc. The glints of light, sun light in the Eyes or highlights on the Body. They do not need to be too bright, They only need to be subtle enough to suggest or show a highlight. I will only put a small white dot or dots in Eyes, rather than large white dots because the larger ones overpower the Eyes. sometimes I will paint the reflected Sky or horizon in Eyes, depending on where the Eye is facing, but this must be controled so you can maintain the fluid look of the Eyes as this gives realism and soul to your Eyes

If you check the Frog you can/will see the subtle light in and on the Eyes and the Suns highlights on the body.....You only need a little to suggest a lot!

Happy Highlighting :)

Gaka

Caron
11-08-2002, 12:52 PM
Whow!! I thought this one was going to jump off the screen at me!!!
Excellent as always Gaka!!

sundiver
11-08-2002, 05:45 PM
Ooooohhhh...migosh! Chin's on the floor. This is amazing, and thank you for being so generous with your methods.

plumpfairy
11-08-2002, 06:44 PM
:eek: Holy Bat Toes! This is FABULOUS! I hope it's not an insult to say that it looks like a photograph?!;) :D
You and Crumby got it GOIN' ON! OMG!
I was just on a little exploring trip....ya know, checkin' out other Forums.....and BAM! Here you are with this incredible frog!
I just love his little bum...(holds taught fingers over mouth)....with those little white warts!! tee-hee!:eek: :D ;)
jana:D ;) :clap: X 1000

Gaka
11-08-2002, 08:53 PM
G'Day all

Thank you for viewing my Frog and the wonderful comments.

Sundiver....I think that it is sad when/where Human Beings learn so much from life etc and they take all of that knowledge/stories with them....irrespective of how large or how small that information is...it is still precious to someone. My Dad passed some 14yrs ago when I realised how much he had taken with him and I did not want to make the same mistake. So I give it away to anyone who takes the time to listen. There is not a lot to give, but it is free.

Fairy....No it is definately not an insult to me by saying that it looks like a Photograph, I could go the extra step further and make it Photographic....But I like to keep that Human touch in my paintings, Where someone will see my painting from a distance and think that it is a Photograph....But when they look closer they can actualy see that it has been painted by Hand etc. Did you happen to check my Snow Leopard in Pen & Ink?

Have a good Weekend all :)

Gaka