PDA

View Full Version : Change of Plans for IAPS Convention

PeggyB
09-19-2010, 03:43 PM
I think I should tell all of you wonderful WC members that I will not be at the IAPS convention next year to host the Wet Canvas party with Paula Ford. I had to make a choice between going to the convention or going on a cruise with my husband and daughter. I've never taken a cruise up the east coast and into Canada, but I've been to every single IAPS convention. Our cruise line offered a special price for this one cruise that includes a third person traveling for free (our adult daughter!). The cruise is mid to late May, and I just don't see myself going from one fun, hectic trip to another fun, hectic convention.

I know I'll miss probably the best convention since the first one in 1995, but I suspect the next one in 2013 will be just as good if not better. If there is anyone who would like to help Paula with the party, let her know. Ideally, it would be someone willing to share a king sized bed in the room next to Paula's so the door between could be opened during the party. Or maybe you want a king sized bed all to yourself; that would work too. I suggest sending Paula a PM if you are interested.

I am cancelling my room reservation this week so there will be another 2 bed room available at the hotel.

Peggy

bluefish
09-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Shucks Peggy, I'm taking my new orange shirt and PB 15.3 blue socks back to Kohl's now that you will not be @ the convention -:D :music: :music:

'blue....' :wave:

Paula Ford
09-20-2010, 03:29 PM
We will definately miss you Peggy, but I'm sure you'll be having the most wonderful time with your husband and daughter!!!

PeggyB
09-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Shucks Peggy, I'm taking my new orange shirt and PB 15.3 blue socks back to Kohl's now that you will not be @ the convention -:D :music: :music:

'blue....' :wave:

Sorry Blue, but I'm with David on ever seeing you at a convention. :) Just think, now you can plan for another two years not to attend.:lol: Than again when you finally do get there it will be party time for sure! :music:

Paula, it was a difficult choice. I know I'll miss everyone, but I just couldn't let this other opportunity go by either. Last convention I had just returned from an Alaskan cruise, and that was only one hour time difference so not too hard to do. Jumping from Pacific time to Eastern time and then back to Mountain time in a 10 day time frame isn't something I do well. As "they" say, "That's life!"

Peggy

saramathewson
09-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Peggy, I'm late in responding, but am sorry i won't get to meet you this time around. Hopefully next time:)

You have been so helpful to me regarding getting a room etc. Thank-you!

The cruise sounds too good to pass up! Have a blast and I hope you can take lots of pics and maybe even paint. I know Karen Marguilis(sp) does 5x7 paintings when on cruises. but, I know there is lots to see and do so maybe you just want to do the pic thing and paint it later. i have never been on a cruise myself but have several family members that just love to go. My mom when she was alive was able to enjoy many cruises with old friends after my dad died(he was not a traveler). It is something i have wanted to do at some point. It's on the bucket list! It sounds like a lot of fun where you are going. I want to take one to Alaska but also the Carribean. Sounds like you have gone on some before though.

This is long winded:P Have fun and thanks for hosting the parties in the past.
I would offer to help Paula but I'm not sure if I'm flying or getting a ride down yet. Paula when it gets closer I can let you know!

Sara

artist_pw
09-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi - I am thinking about going again, but I was wondering if anyone needs a roomie. I hope you have fun Peggy, and you will be so missed.

bluefish
09-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Peggy

better take a warm coat and your 'snuggies' - the North Atlantic will be in the 40's/50's that time of the year -

have a great cruise and you will always be wondering if you missed me at the convention - hope you have a ball!!!!!!

:music: blue.... :music:

PeggyB
09-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Peggy

better take a warm coat and your 'snuggies' - the North Atlantic will be in the 40's/50's that time of the year -

have a great cruise and you will always be wondering if you missed me at the convention - hope you have a ball!!!!!!

:music: blue.... :music:

Thanks for the advise Blue. I figured that climate to be pretty much similar to right here at home. We were very lucky when we went to Alaska in mid May last year. They had unseasonably warm weather; almost 60's some of the time and almost always sunny. :lol: I'll warn my daughter though; she lives in the south now. :crying:

"See" you at the next convention.

Sara I was glad to help with the reservations. I know you'll have a wonderful time throughout the event. There's just no way to adequately describe what it is like to attend an IAPS convention even though they are each different. Maggie has promised this one is going to be the best one yet, but I'm hoping that will hold for all of the future ones as well. :)

Peggy

PeggyB
09-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Hi - I am thinking about going again, but I was wondering if anyone needs a roomie. I hope you have fun Peggy, and you will be so missed.

Thanks Paula. I want to add that anyone who may be your roommate will find you to be a fun, considerate roomie. We certainly did have fun last year. :)

Peggy

bluefish
09-27-2010, 04:52 PM
and don't forget the 'Dramamin' - the North Atlantic can be quite 'turbulant' that time of the year - but enjoy yourself anyway! ;)

'blue....' :angel: