PDA

View Full Version : Daily scumble 7-11-02

Slowdown
11-07-2002, 04:45 AM
Mornin all.:D
Guess what...........ITS FREEZIN!!!!!!!!!
It rained like it hadnt rained before this mornin, it was awfull, it made a great spectacle though watching the lightning bolts dancing all over the sea from my living room window. Its calmed down now and the sun looks like making an appearance today. I was thinking about going out into the world and doing some charcoal sketches for my next pastel. I have an idea of a painting in charcoal and gesso and the using pastel for small colour accents. I will try it and then if it comes out like I have imagined it I will post it, if it doesnt......................I will post it anyways:p
Anyways, off I go into the world.
Have a great day everyone, see ya later!!!!!!

Inkling
11-07-2002, 07:39 AM
Good morning all.

Slowdown, it sounds like nature put on quite a show last night for you. I used to love lightning storms when I was a kid up in New England, but since I moved down here I don't enjoy them so much. They can sometimes get a little too loud and wild here and do damage.

It's on the cold side here too this morning, but supposed to be sunny all day, so I think I am going to give it an hour or so to warm up some and then I am going to try painting outside again today. I have a spot already picked out.

Hope you all have a great day!

crumbedbrains
11-07-2002, 08:17 AM
9 DAYS TO GO!!! . .BUT HEY WHO'S COUNTING?? . . . . me . . . THAT'S who!!!

We'd love rain here . . We've had the driest year on record (since 1887) here in Cairns . . .we're in the tropics and it's supposed to be raining now!! . . . but we now have water restrictions and many many bushfires here at the moment (was up till 1:30 the other night out at work as it came right up to our back shed) . . close!!

Crumby

Slowdown
11-07-2002, 08:23 AM
Id be glad to send you some of our rain crumby, have been keepin tabs on the dry spell back home, doesnt look good, Take care mate.

She-She
11-07-2002, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone!!
I haven't done much with my art work in the past few days. I have been too busy working. Two part time jobs.
I would like to go out & take some photos of our winter, but we have no snow at all. Very dry around here too.

gredelin
11-07-2002, 09:50 AM
Good morning!
Well, around here it is just gorgeous, the fall colors jump at you everytime you go outside. Got some photos back yesterday so now I'm planning a couple of pastels showing some lovely suburban landscapes... would love to do it plein air but with the 20 min here and there I can devote to painting, it's just not practical. I do get outdoors every day, but my little clients in the stroller demand that I keep it moving :D.
Didn't make it to the post office yesterday, so same grand plans for today :).
/Gunilla

KarenU
11-07-2002, 11:47 AM
Morning all! We are getting our first big rain/wind storm of the year. The wind was so loud last night it actually woke me up, and kept me awake for quite some time. I love the first rains of the year, however, I quickly tire of not getting enough sunlight. They are predicting a wet winter for us, which we really need to prevent drought, but I'm not looking forward to weeks on end of rain.

I'm setting aside some time today to get more familiar with the Article Publisher so that when you all come charging in to publish your articles (hint...hint :D ) I can help you out!! I'm also going to work up some pastel supports using my pumice and gesso! My pastels have gone by the wayside for the past few days, as I've been having some fun with my acrylic paints!

Hope everyone is having a nice day....see you in the threads!

Blueyog
11-07-2002, 12:56 PM
Good afternoon !

Today, it's sunny ! Hurray !!! I hope the snow will melt, because we do have snow here ! :mad:

I'm planning to do some exploration with my oil pastels this afternoon, hope it'll work well.

little dreamer
11-07-2002, 01:21 PM
~hello, everyone, good day to you~
~i am going to see if i can try to learn the Article Publisher,
i have been working with gesso, and pastels~

sundiver
11-07-2002, 01:29 PM
Good morrrniiiinnnggg! :)
It's a snow day!!! On Nov 7th yet; that's a record I think, in this part of the Great White North. And this is my no-spare day, seven different classes, all doing something different, boomboomboom, exhausting.
Slowdown, your idea is intriguing, looking forward to the results of your experiment.
Karen, you don't have to shovel the wind at least! The power keeps flickering as I sit here..if it goes off I'll be stuck with doing something useful. :(
Have a great day!

DFGray
11-07-2002, 03:54 PM
Hi
in Northern California today waiting for the rain to stop
always surprised that the yanks let me visit
regards
Dan