PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 6-11-02

crumbedbrains
11-06-2002, 08:05 AM
OK I've never started one of these and I guess for most of you right now it's the morning of the 6th . .well it's nearly the 7th here in OZ (11pm so I'd better get in quick).

Had a great night out with Gaka last night, we talked about a heap of things . . art, life, cars, women!! (he he . .Oh and you girls don't talk about us men right?? he he).

It's now official. I've been appointed to my new job in Brisbane (worst kept secret in the organisation . .I've known about it since March!!) so the memo went out today and now I've only got 10 days left until I can join my family down there. (They've been there since June which has been very hard on us all).

At that point I'm going to be "off air" for a while till I get my life back and my new computer organised. Can't wait coz I'm going to be setting up a proper studio down there . . .currently I'm confined to a corner of a room.

Just think . . iIn less than 1 hour it'll be only 9 days to go!! (but who's counting) WWWOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOO!!

Crumby :D

Inkling
11-06-2002, 08:27 AM
Good morning. How is everyone today?

I have some errands to run this morning and then hope to spend the afternoon working in my studio. I am finishing up a painting I started on location last week. So what is everyone else up to today?

Congrats on your transfer Crumby. I am sure it will be great to be back with your family again.
:)

TinaLee
11-06-2002, 08:40 AM
I'm trying to get up the courage to post some of the work I did during Marsha Savage's pastel class this past summer. Mostly I've been lurking, but since I now have a nice little room to use as my studio, I hope to become more active (here as well as the studio)!

gredelin
11-06-2002, 09:54 AM
My pastels class was canceled yesterday, disappointing but a relief at the same time: I was dead tired and went to bed at eight thirty. The little monsters that live with us have taken to waking up at 3 am and have a party... sure, happy squealing noises are fun, but not in the middle of the night... makes me look forward to when their nightlife will be well hidden from their parents... at which time I'll probably look back and miss this. Oh well. Big plans today: going to the post office.

Congratulations on your new job, Crumbedbrains! You are such an inspiration, and also a great help in the campaign 'Tell the world that all engineers aren't complete boxbrains' :D

Looking forward to seeing your works, Tina! I'm new too and a notorious lurker, but I got so much help and encouragement once I posted something.

/Gunilla

bnoonan
11-06-2002, 10:36 AM
Crumblebrains - congratulations on your great news. I too look forward to a time when I can set up a studio and not work out of the corner.

I've been out of town the past two weeks and have terrible painting withdrawals. We also have company which makes taking a break to hit the easel more of a challenge.

All that said my guest wants to catch the art museums in San Francisco so I'm off to get inspired.

Paint for me.... Barbara

Luvy
11-06-2002, 10:43 AM
Good morning. I'm sitting here trying to work up the nerve to start another landscape. Cause I think the last one I tried just isn't going to make it. If you look at my landscape I've told how frustrated I am with this landscape stuff. It's defeating me and I hate that LOL So since I've put off most the morning of starting something I guess I'll bite the bullet and get to it again. (getting out all my new (6) new books on pastels And still can't get it

KarenU
11-06-2002, 11:05 AM
Morning all!! :D Glad to see a Daily Scumble today.

Crumby, congratulations on your new job. I can only imagine how relieved you'll be to finally reunite your family. Plus...getting a studio to boot...looks like lots of good things coming your way :D

Well lets see...I've had all sorts of things going on...I've been busy with a small presentation graphics job that I picked up a few days ago. In between time...stopping in my studio to do some acrylic painting....my other love. I had picked up this new acrylic glazing medium and was dying to give it a try. Still on the hunt to find the right tile colors for my mosaic frame project, and I recently picked up a great new book on figure drawing, so my pencil and I have been spending some time with the sketchbook recently. :D I've never been much of a graphite enthusiast but I think to help in my overall desire to do figurative work, if I concentrate on tone and form and forget about color for awhile, in the long run, it will pay off.

Hope you all are having a great day....see you in the threads! :D

chookbrown
11-06-2002, 11:49 AM
Morning all!! Hope you all have another fine day. I am going to step back from my art for a day or two and try to re-establish some order to my home which I have been neglecting lately.

Congrats Crumby, I'm sure you are very excited... We will all be looking forward to the wonderful art that is going to spring forth from your new studio.

Cheers to all,

Colleen :D:D

Just Crystal
11-06-2002, 12:44 PM
Congrats! I am a great fan of your work. Hopefully having your own studio will inspire even more great works!

Leaf
11-06-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by chookbrown
Morning all!! Hope you all have another fine day. I am going to step back from my art for a day or two and try to re-establish some order to my home which I have been neglecting lately.

Order??? To one's HOME??? What's that??? Aren't houses SUPPOSED to be knee deep in dirt and filthy dishes?? Or is it just mine? :D :D :D

I need to clean mine too. We're going on vacation for a week starting Saturday so I really need to clean it up so I don't embarrass myself with the farm sitter. :)

In the meantime, back to this infernal tree i've been painting for days now. :) I'll finish it in time for my funeral, at this rate. :D I have to sit on the front porch today to do it because it's raining here and after the Carpet Soiling Incident last month, I've been banished from using them in the house. :D Really, I must rubber-coat a room so I can just hose it down when i'm done. :D

L

KarenU
11-06-2002, 05:57 PM
Hey Luvy...everytime I look at one of your posts and I see the zip code (33569) above your number of posts....I get a little jolt thinking that's the number of posts you've made!!! :D hehehe