PDA

View Full Version : Tapestry

BeyondTheNineSquares
11-05-2002, 09:53 PM
Just having a little fun. I do find photo tapestries to be fun!

jsr88
11-05-2002, 10:26 PM
WoW!
There's a lot of stuff in that image!
:clap: Cool! :clap:

BeyondTheNineSquares
11-05-2002, 10:39 PM
Thank you! I had intended to post it as a jpeg, not a bmp so I will repost it here to make things easier on people!

geckonia
11-05-2002, 10:57 PM
I love it! I could really look at this for a long time...

BeyondTheNineSquares
11-05-2002, 11:05 PM
Thanks!

I bought a photography book that was totally "tapestry" pix and I loved it! I'm glad that the upgrade to MGI Photosuite that I just got included that tool. It's a simple thing, but I like it.

TeAnne
11-06-2002, 05:26 AM
I like these works, I wish I could do them. Can you show us how?

BeyondTheNineSquares
11-06-2002, 08:01 AM
In one post or another I referred to it as "simple but I like it." This is because thus far the one I've started "by hand' isn't completed. Lot's of stitching and such.

At this point, I've played with the original picture using the tapestry tool that MGI Phorosuite provides. It allows for adding "your own" pictures, which I like, but the program actually does the hard part of compiling them for me.

I'm anxious to perfect my stitching abilities and get the totally original one done. I'm enjoying discovering the various ways that I can digitally manipulate my pictures. This is something I've only just discovered within the last few days, and I'm exploring many programs to see what I like best. I've taken advantage of "trial" versions of programs to get my feet wet before spending the big bucks.

I'm very much open to any recommendations that come my way from other beginners or from those of you who seem so very advanced in this kind of fun!

Ozzie
11-06-2002, 08:31 AM
Very neat image!! Thats the type of image they need at the dentist office and put it on the ceiling as you stare at it for long periods :D

Great image, but looks like alot of work.

Very well done.

Ozzie

WI_plain_aire_paintr
11-06-2002, 08:43 AM
BTNS,

I am really intrigued by this one. I've come back and looked at it several times. I'm not sure why I like it so much. Must be that it works on so many different visual levels.

Great job :)

Dennis

sherloc
11-06-2002, 12:13 PM
This one is beautiful. I really like it.

Blueyog
11-06-2002, 12:20 PM
Beautiful ! Blue, blue, blue... :p