PDA

View Full Version : Are any of you participating in the Virtual Paintout?

Sueb
09-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Well, I guess the thread title says it all. I'm not noticing many pastel paintings over there. I joined in last month after I stumbled across it and I have really enjoyed participating in it. It's getting a lot of exposure as well.
They welcome all levels of artists and it's fun!

Sue

Deborah Secor
09-17-2010, 02:05 PM
I've taken part, but not in a while now. It is a blast! You get to roam around Google Street View and make a painting from one of the locations. The variety of work is inspiring. This month the city is Manhattan! If anyone's interested, take a peek here (http://virtualpaintout.blogspot.com/).

Thanks for the reminder, Sue!

Kathryn Wilson
09-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Sounds like fun! I'll have to check it out.

winecountry
09-18-2010, 02:12 AM
be careful to follow the rules exactly, you can only paint from the street view grainy photos sort of distorted , and not any of the good ones taken by photographers... it was fun to see some of the other places in the world.

Sueb
09-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Very true, lots of rules, but they are easy to follow. Getting past the slight distortion is a challenge, but I've gotten used to it now.

Deborah Secor
09-19-2010, 10:43 AM
And I've always said, and continue to believe, that it's easier to make good paintings using bad photos!

gardencorner
09-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Sue....thanks for sharing this! I didn't know about the virtual paintout and would like to join in sometime. The pictures are grainy, but it looks like lots of fun! Warm regards, Shea