PDA

View Full Version : WIA TGIF, September 17, 2010

Dawnt0721
09-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Good morning!

The bead show went well yesterday. I spent too much and came home with too little but I do feel a bit more inspired. Will spend the day at the store sorting through and pricing those.

Pam - how is Frank?

Andee - I will try to show what I make. The problem is that my studio is so small now I don't have a place for my picture taking setup. How is the new job going?

:wave: Barrie, Claire, Fiona, Gwen and Larisa please say hello if you'd like!

TheBlueBetween
09-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Dawn, I had to move my picture taking stuff to the guest bedroom. I figure that's fine since we only have guests once or twice a year and the room is otherwise unused. Shopping sounds fun, sparking creativity sounds even better!

Frank is... I have no idea. The surgeon said it was a good thing he decided to go through with it as there was a piece of the disc separated from the rest, sitting on a nerve (causing the arm immobility) and also a bone spur that he removed. We didn't get to see Frank until 4 hours later, and he was awful. In so much pain and afraid that his arm was now worse instead of better - in a panic, really. That was a quick visit - only me, not Luke - as he was still not very cleaned up from the surgery (??? 4 hours later - they had poked his hands and feet to make sure they didn't do any spinal damage but caused him to bleed in the process - couldn't they poke him to get a response without making him bleed???) but then an hour after that he was in a room and all hopped up on morphine and doing much better. Off the oxygen tubes, cleaned up, etc. They say he's coming home today, but I don't know? Maybe not until late? He's got an awful room-mate there, so the sooner the better.

Shower and then heading down. Packing a big bag of things to entertain us as I know it's going to be another long day.

:wave:

Barrie
09-17-2010, 06:37 PM
((hugs)) Pam - sounds like quite the ordeal! Poor Frank!! Got my fingers crossed he's feeling better today. Sleep is the best medicine, but he probably didn't get much of that with a rotten roommate! Keep us posted!

Dawn, sounds like you had a good time! I know the feeling about showing stuff - I LOATHE my current camera and can't wait to get a new one (after my bead show). Glad you feel a little inspired!! Go for it! :)

:wave: to everyone today!! Thank goodness it's Friday! Not sure why, but this week just seems to be dragging on forever!! As I mentioned, met with my PR gal yesterday. We're getting some sponsorship from a tv station (they'll be posting ads for the show during the week leading up to it). Pam, do you get KVOS? Can't complain about free advertising! :) Plus we came up with some other marketing strategies that should bring more bodies to the show! Yay!! I'm off to the studio to work on a custom piece for a little girl's birthday on Monday. Shouldn't take long but I need to get to it!! Have a great day all! Cheers!