PDA

View Full Version : Server Problems?

Tisiphone
09-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a problem with the server today? I tried getting on from home and I kept getting an error message about connectivity. I was able to go onto other sites so it led me to believe WC was having difficulty. Now, I'm at work and when I try to edit my signature, I save the changes and it adds the computer code to my signature line in the forums. It also won't let me add any smilies or use any of the tools. Does anyone have info?Thanks!!

allydoodle
09-16-2010, 11:47 PM
I found it to be very, very slow a few hours ago. So slow, that I just gave up and cooked dinner - family was very happy! Seems better now, and I'm not having problems using smilies or anything. Also, it seemed to just hang up when I clicked on a different channel. I was changing from the gallery to talk, and it just hung up. Sort of like limbo.......

Tisiphone
09-16-2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks, Chris! I thought it was behaving strangely so I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I'll have to try editing my signature from home tomorrow...hopefully it's better. P.S. I love your still-life!

J_RILL
09-16-2010, 11:57 PM
yes, that happened to me too

last week also , I thought maybe the server was down for maintenance

Tisiphone
09-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Hey, J Rill! Deborah told me they changed the server out in August...maybe they're still having some issues. I see you're pretty new also. Posted any work yet? How scary was that?

allydoodle
09-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Lisa,

Awwww, you're sweet! Thank you!

Tisiphone
09-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Chris, you're welcome. Your pitchers look as though you could pick them up and use them. Your cloth draping, folds, and shadows are also very impressive. Maybe one day when I've got some experience under my belt, I'll give still-life a chance. Who's the little girl? Your daughter?

robertsloan2
09-17-2010, 12:18 AM
There was server problem today because the electricity went out at the hosting service WC uses, all their accounts went down - someone got electrocuted in an accident that shut everything down. WC reported on Facebook about it while they were down. I hope the person who got electrocuted survived, that's a horrible thing to have happen. Sort of put that in perspective, to me it was just being cut off for an hour or two but now things are all right again.

Deborah Secor
09-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Facebook has become WC's second home when problems occur, so be sure to check it out.

As for the glitches you mentioned regarding your siggie, if it doesn't resolve soon let us know and we'll see if we can help. I can tell you that if you have even one teensy mistake you see code. There are still some issues with the new servers.

allydoodle
09-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Robert,

Boy, that sure does put things in perspective. What's a little down time at WC, when you have things like electrocution to worry about? I do hope that pour soul is okay. Scary stuff, lighting. It hit my neighbor's house about four months ago, and the hit was so hard it took out all the electric in the neighborhood. Our TV, two surge protectors, Verizon equipment, and home alarm system were fried, all to the tune of $2,000. Not to mention the entire electrical wiring at my neighbors house was totally messed up, along with their car (yes, the computer on the car!), TV, computer, and who knows what else. Another neighbor lost their computer too. Not pretty, but better than a human getting hit.

Lisa,

Thanks again. Don't be afraid of still life. After groaning about landscapes (I've only been doing them for a little over a year), I have come to find that all subjects have their issues and difficulties. Still life definitely strengthens your drawing skills, the subject never needs a break, :lol: , and if you paint it quick enough you can eat it as a snack! Oh, and yes, that portrait is of my daughter when she was younger. I've never posted it here at WC because it is behind glass, and I haven't been able to get a good enough picture. Maybe I should try again. It's difficult to photograph artwork behind glass.

Tisiphone
09-17-2010, 12:31 AM
OMG, that's awful. I agree with you, Robert...a little inconvenience is nothing. I also hope he or she survived. Keep us posted if you hear anything about their condition...I'm not on FB. Thanks.

Tisiphone
09-17-2010, 12:34 AM
Hi, Deborah,

I was just saying to Robert that I'm not on Facebook. I'll have to get an account. As far as the sig line goes, I'll try again tomorrow and see if it's better. Thanks for the info!!

Tisiphone
09-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Hey Chris,

I live in the lightning capital of the U.S. so I know how scary that can be. We're always having late afternoon thunderstorms in the summer, and I see kids outside playing in the rain with lightning all around. I want to tell their parents how unsafe that is, I have told some neighbors who moved in recently from NY, but for the most part I feel uncomfortable butting in. It's dangerous being complacent.

Your daughter is adorable. Was she still-life or from a photo? It's hard getting kids to sit still. Lol. I will try still-life later...you've got me interested. Right now, I'm doing battle with the great outdoors. :)

allydoodle
09-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Lisa,

It was done from a photo I took in our front yard while it was snowing. She had such a look on her face, and I actually waited years before doing the painting. I guess I was just waiting until I was 'ready'. I was so unsure about how to approach it, and finally one day it just came to me. She was very young in that picture. She's older now, and she 'sits' for my art group sometimes (she gets paid, and is always happy about that!). My art group does portrait workshops twice a month, and we're always looking for models. She's a happy participant!

I'm doing battle with the great outdoors too! But I think I need a break, and I'm setting up a still life. I'ts been a while since I've done one, and I'm going through withdrawal :lol: ! I have to get it out of my system!

J_RILL
09-17-2010, 01:27 AM
yeah, I am pretty new.

I posted a couple in the studio and gallery forum.

It was'nt scary at all, I got some pretty cool comments and alot of info.

I'll be looking for you to post

Yorky
09-17-2010, 04:16 AM
Maybe the signature problem is caused by security on your work network. The uploader is a Java routine, maybe that's the problem.

Doug

Ruthie57
09-17-2010, 04:31 AM
And here I was complaining because I couldn't get on WC yesterday evening. I too hope that unfortunate person will be OK
Incidentally, when I couldn't get on I went on FB and could not find anyway to get to the WC group even though I believe I joined. All the searches I did came up zilch too. Weird. Me and FB don't get along too well and i think our relationship may soon be ending!