PDA

View Full Version : Beartooth School of Art

Elisabeth
05-02-2001, 10:54 AM
Is anyone familiar with the Beartooth School of Art?? In an art class, I met a lady who was going to study under Terry Isaac, wildlife artist at the Beartooth School of Art. Guy CoLeach sometimes teaches there as well. She didn't have the info to give me but said she got the info from "The Artist Magazine". I have searched the internet and the last years worth of magazines and am unable to find any info on this school. So I'm hoping some of you wildlife artists are familiar with it and can give me an address or phone number so that I can contact them. Thanks!

Roan
05-02-2001, 02:07 PM
Elisabeth:

You can try this number:

Beartooth School of Art, Bozeman, Montana (406) 388-1000

Dunno if that's the school or not, it might be a workshop, but they probably have the actual school number there. Strange that they don't seem to have a web site.

------------------
<FONT face="Script MT Bold"><FONT COLOR="#AB4835"><FONT size="5">Roan</FONT s></FONT c></FONT f>
<FONT COLOR="#8A1010">"Bu shoilleir a dhreach, 's bu luath
Shiubhal: Sith-fada b'e ainm." --</FONT c>
<FONT size="1">"Shining his coat, and speedy
His pace -- Si-Fada his name."
Si-Fada = "long pace"</FONT s>
RoanStudio.com (http://RoanStudio.com) &lt;--- supply resources for pastelists!

Elisabeth
05-03-2001, 11:11 AM
Thanks, I called the number and left a message for someone to call back. I thought it was odd they didn't have a website too, but not everyone has gotten on the PC kick yet! Thanks again. If anyone has ever gone there, I'd like to here your opinions of it!

Roan
05-03-2001, 01:38 PM
When I did a search on Beartooth I couldn't believe the number of Wildlife Artists that popped up with them in their resume.

Now I'm curious too :P

------------------
<FONT face="Script MT Bold"><FONT COLOR="#AB4835"><FONT size="5">Roan</FONT s></FONT c></FONT f>
<FONT COLOR="#8A1010">"Chuireadh e na searraich bho dheoghal." --</FONT c>
<FONT size="1">It would put the foals from sucking.
(So bitter or disgusting.) </FONT s>
RoanStudio.com (http://RoanStudio.com) &lt;--- supply resources for pastelists!
Wet Canvas Community Web Ring! (http://RoanStudio.com/webrings/wetcanvas/index.html) &lt;--- Shameless plug!

Martha
05-03-2001, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Elisabeth:
Is anyone familiar with the Beartooth School of Art?? In an art class, I met a lady who was going to study under Terry Isaac, wildlife artist at the Beartooth School of Art. Guy CoLeach sometimes teaches there as well. She didn't have the info to give me but said she got the info from "The Artist Magazine". I have searched the internet and the last years worth of magazines and am unable to find any info on this school. So I'm hoping some of you wildlife artists are familiar with it and can give me an address or phone number so that I can contact them. Thanks!
I have contacted them on several different occasions and have gotten a great response on their e-mail address [email protected]

Give it a whirl.

Elisabeth
05-10-2001, 05:53 PM
Roan,

I got a call back today and they are sending me some info. She was out of town. It appears they do several workshops a year. I'll let you know what I get. I like some of the big name artists that teach there.

Thanks for the phone number, it appears that it is the right place.