PDA

View Full Version : WIA - Wednesday 9-15-10

TheBlueBetween
09-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi peeps :)

Finished the web job!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Back on track with the lessons. Then the Zoo to see baby tigers!! Then up at 4 tomorrow to take Frank to surgery. Ug.

Claire, have a great trip!

Dawn, hope we get to see your favorite beads? So glad you made some!

Barrie, how's it going?

Andee, hope your week is turning out better than expected. two more days!

:wave:

Andee
09-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Hi Pam, hi all!

Had a panic attack today when I read more about one of the tasks I am supposed to do in the future, because I just KNOW I can't possibly do one part of that task, and then another panic attack when I realised I need to get started on that task by the end of this month because it will be due in January/February (customer satisfaction survey), and I have no idea where to start, I have no contacts and nothing. Of course, I'm not even halfway through the folder and haven't even started on checking out any of the 300 or so files on that matter, but - panic! Oh, and the panic attack this morning about that other task that I'm suddenly supposed to do which I can't possibly do either because I will never in my life have the knowledge to do it. Now don't go all "ah, but you're new to the job, you will learn", because in this case, no, I will not, and in the other case, no, I won't either. Just trust me... :( I just hope my boss will realise that it's an impossible task for me and that I will need to rely on her on these matters. Oh, and the first business trip (just a day, but you know how much I hate those) is already scheduled for November, and no doubt there will be more of that sort. Ack.

Claire - have a great trip! My job title is, erm, I think CRM Expert or such. Which I am not. ;) Oh, and btw, here I was thinking I would get a pay rise. Yeah, right. Like THAT's gonna happen... :( I have it in writing - same pay as before, even tho the job description goes with a higher pay-level. Had they hired somebody from outside no doubt that person would've gotten the higher pay.

Gwen - I'm sad to hear that about Chica, although I was almost expecting that outcome. :( Hugs! Not sure about this job being actually better than the last - see above. The one night of sleep was probably due to the fact of only 1 hour of sleep the night before... Last night was back to my normal sleep pattern of 2 hours-and-that's-it. I'm using my "old" iPod with simple PC-speakers and it works great. Maybe that would be a simple and cheap solution for yours, too. :)

Pam - reading is hard on my eyes, and it's getting worse the older these eyes get. But reading for work is especially bad as you need to concentrate so much more, and I find myself getting completely tensed (shoulders and neck, but especially the forehead) and end up with a headache after only an hour or so. Yay that you're done with the webjob! Aww, baby tigers? Pics please! Frank already has surgery? Did I miss something here? Anyway - hope all goes well!!

Dawn - have a great time at the bead show! I wish I could go to one soon, maybe that would inspire me...

:wave:

TheBlueBetween
09-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Andee, do you just have to organize it (as in hire a firm to do it) or do you have to design it yourself? I have a friend who specializes in that kind of thing for a living, she's a researcher and customer satisfaction surveyor! Maybe you can hire her! Or maybe it's a simple matter of designing a post card/mailer and then compiling the results when they are returned? There ARE companies that do nothing but that... perhaps you can convince your boss to get budget to outsource it.

Off to the Zoo, I have a feeling it's our last "free" day for awhile.

Barrie
09-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Good morning!
Pam, wow, that was fast getting Frank into surgery!! Which is a good thing, but totally scary, I'll bet. Can't even imagine! Congrats on finishing the web job, enjoy the baby tigers! :)

Andee, how goes the battle?? Not long til the weekend now! Edited cuz I somehow managed to miss your post Andee!! Panic attacks - not good!! Hope you find a way to work through it.

Dawn, silver prices are scary, aren't they?!? You'll enjoy the bead show anyway! :)

Claire's probably off on her holiday by now - hope it's a good one! Fiona must be up to her armpits in alligators (or elephants!) - I'll bet she has tons of stuff to catch up on after her extended absence. :wave: to everyone else today!!

I'm playing dress up with my iphone - cuz I love mine too, though I doubt I'd marry it. Although, dressing it up for a wedding would be fun! ROFL But i best get back to work! Cheers!