PDA

View Full Version : New Tutorial in Progress - Alan - PSP

jsr88
11-03-2002, 02:39 PM
Alan...just wanted you to know that I've begun work on a Pencil Sketch Technique based on PaintShop Pro v7. So far it's looking good and I'm really amazed at what I've managed to accomplish so far. :cat:

WISH ME WELL!!! :)

haggis63
11-03-2002, 08:59 PM
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Alan

Ozzie
11-03-2002, 09:54 PM
Good luck Julie! Figured you'd be doing sumthin like this soon :D

Ozzie

crazy_cat
11-04-2002, 12:56 AM
You go girl!!!:clap: :clap: :cat:

TeAnne
11-06-2002, 08:32 AM
The best of luck Jules :D

jsr88
11-09-2002, 12:09 PM
Alan...I've just responded to one of Geck's posts and wrote the following there. Just decided that you might not see it so I copied it and am pasting it here....

At the moment, I'm trying to work up the PSP tutorial I promised to Alan...and other PSPv7 users who might be lurking just out of sight. :D

If all goes well I should be able to post by late this evening. (About 6-8 hours from the time of THIS post! ;) )

I sure wish I knew what programs everyone is using. And I wish we could do a poll where we could check off as many as we need. (That might be available...haven't checked to be sure. :) )

haggis63
11-09-2002, 04:30 PM
Cool - You might just scrape it in by midnight my time. Hope you know I'll be waiting up for it :D :D

Alan

jsr88
11-09-2002, 04:42 PM
I have part one ready to be made into a PDF file.

Do you have a tablet or do you use a mouse. That will tell me how much more I need to do before I send you a "beta" test copy. :D

haggis63
11-09-2002, 04:54 PM
I just have a mouse but my mother makes delicious tablet :D

Alan

jsr88
11-09-2002, 04:58 PM
Hmmm...tasty tablet, eh?

:D
Check your PMs

jsr88
11-09-2002, 08:34 PM
8 hours later...Part One is now in "Beta Test"
:D

AriadneArts
11-09-2002, 09:05 PM
Julie, I look forward to this tutorial. I have Paintshop Pro 7 but I've never used it. Don't have a clue. I mostly use Photoshop because that's what I'm used to. But I've got an older version--5.5, so I use it along with Photoshop Elements, which came with my Vaio and has a lot of the newer features.

I KNOW this will be a great tutorial, simply because you are so articulate. You really have a way with explaining things.

jsr88
11-09-2002, 09:29 PM
Eileen...First of all, Thanks for the faith in me. :D I sure hope I can live up to our expectations. ;)

Now I need to ask you a question. Have you ever used the LAYERS feature in the PSP? They didn't work very well up until version 7...but BOY are they nice now. LOTS of goodies very similar to PhotoShop.

The reason I ask is so I'll know whether I need to go really basic (do a pre tut) so people get the idea of how to work with layers to begin with. For me, learning the program on my own...I was scared to death of layers, had absolutely NO idea of what they were for, how to make them and what on earth were all the settings about? I have a tendency to remember what it's like to be a beginner. I just don't know how many people are as "rank" beginners as I was when I started.

I will say, that if you PhotoShop 5.5 and have the opportunity to upgrade to 7 for a reduced price, I'd most definitely do it before it gets away from you. PhotoShop is *the* greatest in many ways!

:cat:

I think I'm headed for the jacuzzi! I *need* it! :D

AriadneArts
11-10-2002, 01:24 AM
Julie, I've never done ANYTHING with PSP. I have done layers (a little bit) in PhotoShop--it did take me a few tries and a manual before I got it, though. It seems to me layers intimidates a lot of us. I'd welcome some basic instruction if you're willing to go to the trouble. On the other hand, you could just wait and see how it goes with what you've written so far.

Good idea re upgrading PhotoShop. Got to let the shekel (Canon) reverberations settle down a bit first, though. LOL

I know this has been a lot of work for you, but it's going to be oh so appreciated. A lot of us don't like to admit how much we really don't know. I'd like to thank you in advance. Now go get in that Jacuzzi--you've certainly earned it! G'night.