PDA

View Full Version : Lorikeets . . done . . well, sort of . .

crumbedbrains
11-02-2002, 07:08 PM
Here's an update on the Lorikeets I started the other day.

This has been a real "quickie" as I know it will be reduced by 2.5 times for the mag cover therefore no real detail required.

I hate leaving it like this . . . but hey, I had to get it done.

Just think of it my first venture into a painterly style!! LOL

Cheers
Crumby
:)

Redsy333
11-02-2002, 07:21 PM
Absolutely Delightful and Gorgeous as Always!!!!!!!!!!
I want to know how you did the wings....:D
They look so transparent and full of color!

Gaka
11-02-2002, 08:30 PM
G'Day Crumby

Nice work Mate! You always get bright colors into your paintings, vibrant, Eye catching, well done. I hope that you will be bringing that Painting around this Arvo for me to look at.

Mate I've gota talk to ya bout these "quickie" Paintings that your doing :D

Tuttar

Gaka

She-She
11-02-2002, 09:02 PM
Very nice Crumby! I must learn how to do "quickies" like this. (you said not much detail...huh!) If it's being reduced in size, there is plenty of detail there. Your viewers will love it, I'm sure of that.:clap:

KarenU
11-03-2002, 12:18 AM
Marvelous Crumby....as always! Those birds just seem so alive in your painting.

chookbrown
11-03-2002, 12:51 AM
Hey Stealth, another nice one!!! Love the dark shadows under the leaves there... all of it just sings!!!

Cheers,

Chooky :D:D:D:clap: :clap:

Blueyog
11-03-2002, 12:56 AM
Very beautiful ! I love the leaves, they look great ! And the birds are so colorful !

crumbedbrains
11-03-2002, 03:48 AM
Thanks for looking everyone and for the kind comments,

Nothin' special about the wings Redsy, just pale colours is all.

Gaka, I was embarrassed to show you but . . .

Cheers
Crumby

ainsy
11-03-2002, 08:19 AM
Excellent as always crumby mate!!
Hope you get a web cam one day then i can watch you work and learn *hopes*, cos i really would like to learn how to do this:)

AINSY
:D :D

Artistammy
11-03-2002, 04:58 PM
beautiful work! I don't think I've ever got more detail. lol I like the idea about the webcam. I wonder if we could get a demo set-up like that? I have only got to watch a video once. No one here does pastel lessons. It would be nice to watch.
Tammy

Slowdown
11-04-2002, 12:45 PM
Great work crumby!!!!!!!
Quickie or not this is another cracker mate!!!!!!

Charles Perera
11-04-2002, 01:15 PM
And you call that painterly.... it is realistic alright. Those leaves, the yellow fruits the clouds and the birds themselves. Marvelous Crumble. Great work.

Bravo!

Charles

crumbedbrains
11-04-2002, 03:58 PM
Thanks guys,

Ainsy/Tammy, I was just saying to Gaka the other day we should've had a video camera set up while I was over there . . lol Great minds!

Got copyright clearance on this pic yesterday so I'm going to do this one again in more detail as I do like the composition and colours in this . . . this one was just for the mag.

Cheers
Crumby

sundiver
11-04-2002, 07:45 PM
Wooooow! I like everything about this painting.

jackiesimmonds
11-05-2002, 12:16 PM
I love the feeling of "air" in this picture. Excellent, Crumby. Crummy. Crumbly. Whatever your name is. Think I like Crumbly best. However, I would like it better still if everyone used their own names like I do.

:D

Jackie

Artistammy
11-05-2002, 12:24 PM
I'd like to ask you how you did the little thin lines (the veins) on the leaves? Did you use pastel pencil? I always have trouble deciding how to do lines. I like the look of pastel better but usually feel I can't waste the pastel keeping them sharp for a line.
Thanks,
Tammy

crumbedbrains
11-05-2002, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys for looking,

Jackie: I said I liked the composition of this one earlier but didn't say why . . I think you nailed it on the head when you said the feeling of "air' . . .yeah . . like that . . he he

Tammy: Sorry, but you're going to have to waste a bit of pastel if you want to keep them sharp. Just file them down until you get a nice clean edge . . . and keep doing it regularly as the edge is lost pretty quickly. Hard pastels are best for this.

Cheers
Crumby

Mo.
11-05-2002, 04:34 PM
That's a cracker of a painting Crumby! I just absolute love the colours, the composition and movement you have captured.
It's a winner.

Cheers,

JohnnyRed
11-06-2002, 08:58 AM
Well crumby, just got here from your grey scale picture.

WOWWWWWWWW!!!

The colours are so vibrant. What support are you using? I only seem to get this vibrancy when using pastel card - but it's normally too expensive for everyday use.

An excellent picture - I'm sure those birds are still alive on my PC somewhere!!

Laura Brito
11-07-2002, 12:03 PM
I am in awe of your picture! It is really wonderful, I love the background and how well the birds and fruit just pops out! The Mecca I hope to reach someday!

Laura:clap:

plumpfairy
11-08-2002, 07:21 PM
:D Aloha Crumby!
I was exploring other forums this afternoon.....love to see what others are creating!
This is DELICIOUS! ....as usual!;)
I can see why you "hate to leave it like this".....only because of what I've seen you create prior to this piece.
I wish my best work was as incredible as your worst art piece!
You da MAN!
JANA:D ;) :clap: X 1000

Katherine J
11-08-2002, 08:31 PM
Magnificent, Crumby. What everyone else said about leaves, feathers, colours, shadows!

Katherine