PDA

View Full Version : Row of stone houses

dolors
09-13-2010, 01:15 AM
I did this drawing/painting from a picture that sent me a friend. It is a little spanish town in the mountains, in the province of Guadalajara.
I first did the pencil drawing, then watercolor washes and at the end the pen work. It is about A4 size in Arches 300 grs. watercolor paper, satinee
Please comment.

Regarding the strange door of my last post, someone gave me the explanation. At the begining the house had only two floors, but they decided to add a new one, so they had to low the ceilings to have three levels. You can see the little window they opened just below the roof. That was the reason to low also the ceiling and the door of the ground level. :thumbsup:

virgo68
09-13-2010, 02:42 AM
Hi Dolors, this one is very nice, I like the deep shadows as the houses go down the hill and your choice of colours is lovely.

Thanks for the explanation on the strange door!

Jakeally
09-13-2010, 05:22 AM
Fantastic Dolors. I really like the negative painting around the trees and your penwork is just right.

Blah
09-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Nice one:thumbsup:...Although you have probably stayed faithful to the reference picture I think a bit of shadow from the tallest house on the roof of the middle house would have strengthened the image.
Thank you for clearing up the "Mystery of the Shortened Door". :)