PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 11.02.02

KarenU
11-02-2002, 12:18 PM
Good morning all! :D Well today my husband and I are driving up to San Francisco to visit a few galleries, stop in a wonderful art supply shop, and have lunch at one of our favorite "hole in the wall" barbeque places. All in all I expect it to be a fabulous day as our weather is cooperating and it is still sunny and warm. Plus...I get some prime time with my favorite person!

Hope you all are having a great weekend! See you in the threads :D

Katherine J
11-02-2002, 12:26 PM
What a terrific-sounding day, Karen. I wonder how far it is for you to drive to SF. I'd love to be a fly on the wall following you around. I'm off with my favourite person and a couple of neighbours for a 2-hour hike in our fabulous local woods - this trail has some really huge trees 500-800 years old which the loggers didn't get - not like the California redwoods, but big enough! We too are enjoying wonderful sunny weather although it's chilly.

chookbrown
11-02-2002, 12:27 PM
Hey there!!! Haven't scumbled for a bit due to deadlines and more deadlines...... sounds like you have a great trip planned Karen... enjoy!!

Tooting my own horn here.... won second place yesterday at the Fall Juried Show here in Lincoln (with a colored pencil piece "Sonora Afternoon"....sorry) and today my first solo show begins at the Milestone Gallery in Lincoln. So I best be off soon downtown.

I really want to get started on some new pastel pieces real soon.

Have a great weekend all!!

Colleen :D

Slowdown
11-02-2002, 12:50 PM
Congrats chook!!!!!
Good to hear you are having wonderfull weather Karen. The weather here has changed very rapidly. It was nice and sunny yesturday but today...........uhhaa, its raining, thunder etc etc.
We have also had some days with extra dust all over the place, actually its been like a dust cloud commin over us and just dumping its load on us. There is a volcano south of italy called Etna that has decided to wake up. We dont get the magnificent spectacle of seeing it, but we do get the dust fallout.
I hope you enjoy your hike Katherine, great way to keep fit too........which reminds me I have to get my gym membership renewed............................
See you guys later:D

KarenU
11-02-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Katherine J
I wonder how far it is for you to drive to SF.....

Just a short, 45 minute or so drive :D We're just south of San Francisco in San Jose.

CONGRATULATIONS Colleen....you are one busy gal with your shows!! More power too you....let us know how the second one goes! :D

Katherine J
11-02-2002, 08:28 PM
Yes, Colleen, congrats are due. Hope all goes well with first solo show.

chookbrown
11-03-2002, 12:49 AM
Thank you all for the well wishes re: my show and the place in the show yesterday.... you are all so very nice. :D:D:D

Cheers,

Colleen :D