PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 11.01.02

KarenU
11-01-2002, 11:28 AM
Good morning everyone! Found myself a little programming job for a few days...so I'm off to a meeting this morning to find out the details :D

I'm so excited about the techniques discussed in the value versus color thread. I'm hoping to try them all out this weekend and see if that helps to alleviate the problems I've had with identifying color to value!

For those that wanted to see that mosaic project I'm doing, I've included a couple of images. I usually plan my design out on paper using colored markers. Once I'm satisfied with the design and color scheme, I'll draw the design on the piece I'm doing and use the direct method of mosaic, gluing the pieces directly onto the support. I'm hoping to get the tiles today and spend some time this weekend cutting and gluing.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Nov-2002/Mosaic1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Nov-2002/Mosaic2.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great day...see you in the threads! :D

Katherine J
11-01-2002, 01:37 PM
I agree, Karen. Good stuff in the values thread. Worth trying those suggestions.

What a great looking frame you're working on. I presume you'll show us the finished product too?

Well, I've had a great start to my morning. The couple who came over yesterday to look at paintings just dropped off a cheque for TWO paintings. Never sold two at once before! And they are people I'm really happy to have my work. Does that sound weird? I haven't even shown either of these pieces on WC, but will very soon.

Slowdown
11-01-2002, 03:41 PM
G-day all!!!!!!!
Great design Karen, I wanna see that frame finnished too!!!
Went out and bought myself "the pastel book" by Bill Creevy, great book and heaps of new ideas to try out, Im taking your advice Karen.................................
I also bought some Liquin (small bottle) and a winsor and newton
"winton oil colour pad". Am gonna try some excersise's from the book.......WHoo Hooo. If they come out okish I will post them, if not, Hehehehe I can always say that it was the liquin (isnt that right Karen........:D ).
And where is everyone?
Isnt this supposed to be a "daily"!!!!!!!!
Looks like everyone aint puttin in the time to write something!!!!!!
We have heaps of pastelists, but only a few answer the daily, something must be done!!!!!!
Oh well,...........................Im gonna go try this Liquin, it smells awfull.....yuck......but it will be fun.
See you guys!!!!!!!

KarenU
11-01-2002, 08:18 PM
Well my goodness Katherine CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D That is fabulous that they wanted two...and what a bonus that you're happy with the new home your paintings have found (not weird at all!!). I will be waiting....impatiently :D......to see these!!

Oh Slowdown...I'm so glad you've been inspired...woo hoo...throw that block right on out the window!! Isn't that book by Bill Creevy just jam packed with great stuff to try....that's how I ended up with my oil pastels and my Wingel :D I'll be looking forward to seeing the results of your adventures!

Katherine J
11-01-2002, 08:32 PM
Thanks, Karen. That pretty much set up a perfect day! I'll post them next week some time.