PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 10.31.02

KarenU
10-31-2002, 12:38 PM
Whew.....company is gone as of 5 a.m. this morning!! We had a marvelous time, but I'm glad to have my house and time back to myself. I feel like I haven't picked up a piece of pastel or paint brush in weeks!

I just finished matting and framing an acrylic painting which is being donated for a local Choral Group's silent auction. It's being picked up this evening. Have one more silent auction coming up in November so need to get cracking on that as well.

As I've mentioned before...I love doing "other" arts/crafts projects...I've just finished the design for a mosaic frame that I'll be starting, hopefully, this weekend if I can find the right tile colors.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day...see you in the threads!! :D

Jakeally
10-31-2002, 01:19 PM
Hi Karen....glad you had a good time with you visitors.....but I'm even happier that you are back with us.
Ooooooh yummy ....a mosaic frame....would love to see that when you get it done:D
Good luck with the silent auction....hope you make lots of money for your charity

Katherine J
10-31-2002, 05:47 PM
I've got neighbours coming over in a few minutes to look at paintings. This is a first to have someone officially come to my house to see my work. Yikes.

Good to get back to your studio despite the nice visit, isn't it Karen. You seem like a person with boundless creative energy.

Happy painting, everyone.

melaleuca
10-31-2002, 06:09 PM
Karen- glad you had a great time with your family!

Yes, do post a pic of the mosaic frame if you can. I am getting into other craft and have a collage to make. A bit nervous cause I haven't made one since school.

What's a silent auction?

Katherine- are the neighbours prospective clients? Hope the "showing" went well.

Katherine J
10-31-2002, 10:48 PM
Yes, Maleleuca, they are prospective clients and they seem interested in two! Sent them home with good photos of their favourites to try to come to a decision. I don't have a fragile ego, so if nothing happens, that's OK too.