PDA

View Full Version : Skull also a Step by step

ExpressMark
10-31-2002, 05:29 AM
Here is a skull study I did. In the process I saved steps of the process.

What I was attempting to accomplish was simply likeness and speed. However I abandoned speed at some point I dont know where.

I got caught up in it and forgot HEY it happens anyway.. The files are not small as I didnt want to lose to much detail.

SO I will giv you links to them sorry!

Mark
ENJOY!!!
SKULL FINAL (http://mbstudios.freeservers.com/images/SkullFinal.JPG)

Ok here is the steps..... Basically with a black basic background I begin by applying my base colors and with blending tools such as smear and more often my favorite is smudge tool of which muddies it at first but thats ok as I like to mold the shape.
Once I feel I am in the right direction I then begin laying in lights and darks and then shape them again and as you can see I repeat the process untill in my final 2 layers I try not to smudge to much if at all.
Only blend around the edges where I wish to create transitional tones.
I thought some might like to see the steps Hope it helps

SKULL STEPS (http://mbstudios.freeservers.com/images/SkullTut.JPG)

crazy_cat
10-31-2002, 05:52 AM
Very nice Mark! Thanks for providing the step by step also!:clap: :clap: :cat:

ExpressMark
10-31-2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by crazy_cat
Very nice Mark! Thanks for providing the step by step also!:clap: :clap: :cat:

Thank You!! Its a begining to a quest I have put on myself.

I am doing a study a day all focused around anatomy or people in general.

I am shooting for 100 ...then Ill see what happens from there .. but I have seen others do it and it has inspired me to do the same... looks like a worthy endeavour.

Mark

plumpfairy
10-31-2002, 01:51 PM
:D K:cool: :cool: L Mark!
Just purrrrfect for HALLOWEEN!
jana:D :clap: ;)

digistyle
10-31-2002, 06:02 PM
I like this a lot. It looks a lot like a pastel painting. Thanks for mini-tute!

digistyle

ExpressMark
11-01-2002, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by digistyle
I like this a lot. It looks a lot like a pastel painting. Thanks for mini-tute!

digistyle

Thanx... Glad to do it... You know I hadnt considered that but your right now that I look at it does have a Pastel feel.

Now to post Day2 Study...

Thnx again

ExpressMark
Aslo know as MBStudios

eloven
11-01-2002, 09:34 PM
Beautiful work. I was wondering if you are using Photoshop or some other program? The reason I ask is there appears to be a bit of texture showing around the edges (especially around the top of the head) is this something special you are doing? I love this effect and I think it may be what some of my digital paintings are missing. Thanks,
-Ed

ExpressMark
11-02-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by eloven
Beautiful work. I was wondering if you are using Photoshop or some other program? The reason I ask is there appears to be a bit of texture showing around the edges (especially around the top of the head) is this something special you are doing? I love this effect and I think it may be what some of my digital paintings are missing. Thanks,
-Ed

Thank You, and everyone else for your kind remarks.

To answer your question, it was all done in Painter 7, as for the textures on the skull, this was acheived through several layers of color... but thank you for noticing it, I was wondering if anyone did

ExpressMark
MBStudios